Hello! I'm new here and I need your help, please

Need your advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hello! I'm new here and I need your help, please

Postby Lady In Na » 20 Jun 2021, 12:36

Hi to all! I'm new here, English is not my native language, but I learned a lot from this forum, for which I thank you. But now I really need your advice. I am a young woman under 30, suffered from constipation since childhood. I have hemorrhoids probably since adolescence. The crack has been there for several years, although I don't know for sure whether the crack is a damaged hemorrhoid. I have been to proctologists several times and going to the hospital is a huge stress for me, because since childhood I have been ill and often visited doctors. What worries me a lot now is that I have internal hemorrhoids, and when I apply ointment or cream inside, the nodes fall out and pull that wound even more, and if I don't lubricate it with medication, it burns. A vicious circle ... What do you advise?
Lady In Na
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hello! I'm new here and I need your help, please

Postby patience_and_healing » 22 Jun 2021, 07:39

I'm sorry you are going through this painful condition. Have you been taking regular stool softeners to help with bowel movements? That should help with the hemorrhoids as well I imagine. It sounds to be like they need to be treated if they are causing so much trouble.

I understand that visiting doctors is stressful, I've seen way too many in the past few years. I think the key is to find a good, empathetic doctor who can understand your medical anxiety, because you still need a doctor's help to heal.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Lady In Na » 23 Jun 2021, 16:20

Thank you! I live in Ukraine and it's so hard to find good doctor, and only the wiew of hospitals scares me so much...
Lady In Na
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 26 Jun 2021, 00:49

That really sounds like a tough situation, not being able to find a good doctor. Are there doctors who practice in individual clinics so you don't have to go into a hospital?
patience_and_healing

Postby Lady In Na » 30 Jun 2021, 14:41

It's a bit hard, because the first time I went to a proctologist in to a private clinic and he told me we can do a small operation, but a little bit later I needed to go to the hospital and the same doctor was there. he send me to do a colonoscopy which I remember with big sadness
Lady In Na
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 30 Jun 2021, 17:44

Colonoscopies can be really tough for people with bum pain. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Maybe your gynecologist can help you find a better doctor?
patience_and_healing

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Jul 2021, 07:48

how awful, I'm sorry you are struggling. Some things you can try at home - when you sit on the toilet put your feet up on a box to raise your feet off the ground bringing your knees above your hips. This gives the best squatting pose to poop, makes it easier. Secondly, try buying some flax seed online or from a health food shop and have it in your porridge or smoothies. it makes your poop super smooth and easy to pass. Lastly, it sounds like haemorhoids are the main issue with a fissure along side so a surgeon will help with that (I know it's scary but its so hard to get rid of them without help) you could try some Anusol https://ayp.healthcare/anusol-plus-hc-o ... o-EALw_wcB but be careful as this has a steroid in so it is not for long term use.
FF X
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby tx62 » 15 Dec 2021, 14:37

Sorry you are suffering.
Here is what has worked for me:
1) Drink lots of water -- I drink 3 large glasses in the morning and three in the afternoon. This should become a routine.
2) Get a good night's sleep -- At least 7 hours a night so your body can heal. I would also say don't overdo this one.
3) Ointment -- Ma Ying Long Hemorrhoids Ointment worked well. It can be ordered from Amazon.
4) Enema -- Relieves burning and gives temporary relief. Allows ointment to work while sleeping to heal.

Here is what has NOT worked for me:
1) Taking fiber supplements -- No relief doing this. It increases your need for water and can cause hard poops and more irritation in my opinion. I hope it works for you if you try it.
2) Over the counter ointments like Preparation H and Anusol -- These did not help me very much, although I hope they work for you if you try them.
Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
tx62