Scheduled for 2nd LIS in February. Advice needed please.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Scheduled for 2nd LIS in February. Advice needed please.

Postby Bumbutt » 03 Mar 2011, 02:04

How did your consultation go, dh?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bumbutt » 04 Mar 2011, 02:06

Good luck in case you are keeping your LIS appointment today!!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby desperatehousewife » 04 Mar 2011, 12:38

I DID IT!
Went to the consult on Wednesday and he told me I had to take the chance to get rid of the spasms. Surgery was at 9:15 this a.m. and my ass is killing me! Just got back to my hotel. I'll keep you posted. He says I'll know in a week if that was causing my problems. Thanks for your well wishes Bumbutt:)
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby alpinestrawberry » 04 Mar 2011, 23:04

I'm so glad for you dh! I hope this makes you feel better! I know you really agonized over your decision, and I'm so glad surgery is over for you (again). Keep us posted on your progress!.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Bumbutt » 05 Mar 2011, 06:13

Wow! You did it! I hope that your recovery will go smoothly, and that when you are feeling more up to it you can post about your experience.
Sending you positive, healing thoughts!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby desperatehousewife » 08 Mar 2011, 00:51

So far so good. No pooping my pants, yay! I guess time will tell with healing. But I seem to be healing faster than I did with LIS #1. I can still feel that pressure sensation but hoping that'll fade out with the pain. Wish me luck! Have you had your surgeries yet Alpine or Bumbutt?
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 08 Mar 2011, 02:00

That's good news dh! Continue to take it easy, pamper yourself, and do all the fissure routines.
I'm not scheduled for surgery - the CRS I saw seems to be conservative and wants me to continue with rectogesic. My pain is lessening, so I'm hoping that I'm healing up.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 09 Mar 2011, 08:42

That's awesome that you seem to be healing faster with this surgery! Maybe that's a positive sign that this was the right thing to do.
I have exactly two weeks to go before my surgery...I'm not as nervous as I will be next week! Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby desperatehousewife » 11 Mar 2011, 00:30

Just an update for those of you following my saga...
I'm recovering from this surgery a lot better than last time. No blood last two days and very little pain at the fissure site. Some mild pangs of pain still, but that is to be expected. When I go, it takes all of 3 seconds... Can hold gas in, no accidents yet either!
However, that darn annoying/painful pressure feeling is still there :( Looks like it wasn't fissure related or it will take more time to go away... Oh well when I told the surgeon my fear that it is becasue of something else, he reassured me that because my fissures were still showing up (although would heal, retear, heal retear, etc.) he still strongly advised the second surgery. His hope that is with time this will go away (levator ani spasms). My plan is to try ART therapy (active release technique) from a chiropractor in the major city. I'm wondering if I can't relax those rectal/pc muscles because of my pubic bone (osteitis pubis) problem. Oh well, at least I'm narrowing it down. I'm not going to let this damn thing beat me! When I heal from the surgery completely I'm going to try internal physio again. Just wondering how long you guys think I should wait until i let a therapist stick her finger up there for my "massages"?
Good luck on your surgery Alpine! It really isn't that bad as far as surgeries go. Nothing compared to the pain of a fissure. Not sure what you are taking for supplements, but I highly reccommend metamucil. It bulks it up for easy passage, which is better than mushy. It is also nice only going once a day too. When I was on other supplements I went 2 - 4 times a day. It is also good for losing weight too because you are so darn full when your done drinking that stuff! I'm thinking that is why I'm healing better this time around. Everyone is different though.
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 11 Mar 2011, 01:13

Good news! I'm glad you felt reassured about doing this a second time. I hope with time the pressure feeling will diminish!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist