Fissure treament options in depth

Interesting reading on the treatment of fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure treament options in depth

Postby Fissure UK » 26 Dec 2021, 19:21

I came by this article on the subject of treatment of anal fissures. The article mentions procedures & methods of healing that I have never heard of. From humble dilation to carbon dioxide lazer treatment and everything inbetween. Reference is made to the potential side affects of all the techniques-if applicable,

The information seems to be from a reliable source. I'm posting this in the hope that if one small piece of the information is helpful to just one person, then it has been worth it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2141661/
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Fissure treament options in depth

Postby Worstyear » 28 Dec 2021, 10:31

Thank you very much for this information.
I've been told by my surgeon that he will perform what is described in the paper as " Lateral subcutaneous internal sphincterotomy and radio frequency surgery".
He actually described the way he was gonna cut an coagulate and cautherize the piles and i have to pay an extra fee of aprox 200 usd because the device is not covered by my medical ensurance.
I would love more information if some surgeon is reading this. As far as I know the modern procedures are often made with laser scalpels and this radio frequency devices for hemmorrhoids and sentinel tags.
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Fissure UK » 28 Dec 2021, 15:27

Hi,
I hope someone on here who is more knowledgable than me can advise you.

I don't know how committed you are to the appointment for the procedure, assuming that has been made. I would feel the same as you, in that I would want to fully understand what I was committing to. Some of these professional guys don't want to explain in layperson terms, and just want the patient/client to simply trust them regardless. Do you have the option of getting a 2nd oppinion offline/either face to face or via the phone?
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Worstyear » 29 Dec 2021, 10:59

I actually do, but I was misdiagnosed with external hemmorhoids so I'm sticking with this surgeon.
I checked with others on the phone and everyone agrees that since i have large sentinel piles and the condition is already chronic, lis is the best choice.
I already did 3 nitro treatments with no luck. The fissure doesnt bleed but the tissue never ends to heal.
This surgeon already saw me 16 times for the last 6 months... so i think there is nothing else to do.
I'm aware that surgery here in my country is made as the paper described. I just would like to know if someone had experiences with it, if it is less painful, how the recovery went and etc :)
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5