Need some hope

Things only getting worse

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need some hope

Postby healingvibes92 » 06 Dec 2022, 10:09

Hi everyone...

I've had a fissure for about 2 months now and I've been trying everything. Either my stool is too big or too hard or something and my fissure keeps being ripped open. I went 5 days not too long ago with no bleeding or real pain but then I had a bad day where I barely ate and the next day the hard stool made the bleeding and pain come back.

I went to a proctologist a couple of weeks ago and it was a horrible experience... he actually diagnosed me with a hemorrhoid, not a fissure, but I'm convinced he's wrong. I can literally see the fissure and feel it too. I don't think he's a good doctor, he was also extremely rough when he did my examination and I was crying from the pain and he didn't say anything to make me feel better.

Anyway... I just ordered something called Repatin N13 and I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive. Putting all my hopes into it, even though I know I shouldn't. Today was the worst day so far... even though I tried to eat the perfect food yesterday, my stool was too wide and it was extremely painful (like pooping glass) and bloody. I've done 2 dead sea salt baths so far and my anus is still throbbing, 8 hours after I went to the toilet. I'm so scared to go to the bathroom tomorrow, it's giving me anxiety.

Please just give me some hope and words of comfort, this has taken over my life and is really impacting my mental health.

Thank you
healingvibes92

Topics: 1

Re: Need some hope

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Dec 2022, 20:20

Hi there, don't lose hope, you will heal from this. There are better doctors out there who can prescribe the right treatment for you.

Have you been eating a diet high in insoluble fiber? That can make BMs harder and wider. Also, take an osmotic laxative like Miralax and drink plenty of water during the day. That should help with softer BMs which will be less painful. Take care and try to stay optimistic.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby healingvibes92 » 10 Dec 2022, 03:01

patience_and_healing wrote:Hi there, don't lose hope, you will heal from this. There are better doctors out there who can prescribe the right treatment for you.

Have you been eating a diet high in insoluble fiber? That can make BMs harder and wider. Also, take an osmotic laxative like Miralax and drink plenty of water during the day. That should help with softer BMs which will be less painful. Take care and try to stay optimistic.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! Yes, I think I was eating too much insoluble fibre and then taking Optifibre on top of it. Stool was pretty soft but too wide.

For the last three days I've been on a strict diet high in soluble fibre:

-Smoothie with lots of fruit, nut butter, and chia and flax seeds (blended in to avoid sharpness in stool).
-Soup with lentils and a variety of veg, including lots of spinach, and olive oil (twice daily)
-A small daily salad (to get those raw veg nutrients)
-A bit of fresh fruit and prunes as snack
-One small scoop of optifibre with my dinner
-Osmotic laxative before bed

Doing 2 sea salt sitzbaths a day and, what I feel has been really helping me, I'm using Repatin N13 oil 5x a day. For people in Europe/Germany/Austria... look into this! A lot of the product suggestions on this forum are for people in the US so I'm really glad I found this product! It really did provide almost instant relief and I went from having the most painful BM of my life (I was literally in tears) on the 7th to an almost painless BM with no blood on the 9th, less than 24 hours after starting to use this oil.

I'm really hopeful that as my fissure is acute (I think? It's only been 2 months and though there's some swelling, I don't think I have a skin tag or anything like it), if I keep up with the above routine for a month or so, it will heal. I'm already feeling so much better. But I know that when you start to feel better is when you need to stay persistent with the fissure-healing routine so I'm taking all necessary measures and precautions until I know I'm in the clear. Even then, I'll stick to a high fibre diet and probably use Repatin N13 once a day to protect the skin.

I'll be back in a month or two to post my success story (manifesting it)!
healingvibes92

Topics: 1

Postby Rich44 » 20 Dec 2022, 18:16

I'm sorry to disagree but you want bulky stools for your sphincter to operate properly. If your stool is too loose and thin you are likely to make your fissure worse because your sphincter will tighten up and restrict blood flow to heal the fissure. All stool softeners did for me was make things worse over the years to the point where I was straining with every BM. Talk to a different colorectal surgeon about the best way to handle this if the one you went to wasn't very helpful. I am so sorry you are going through this. It's not fun.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of April 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist