Second LIS 4 weeks after the first one?

Was recommended to do second LIS.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Second LIS 4 weeks after the first one?

Postby NoName » 21 Dec 2022, 08:34

Hello all,
So I had LIS with skin tag removal two weeks ago. I was constipated for two days and after the first bowel movement, I guess I tripled the fissure in size. But after 4 days post-op, I started to feel better until a few days ago.I started having pain which lasts for four hours after bowel movement. So I went to see my doctor and he said that my fissure is worse and that if I don’t get better within two weeks, we need to go again and do a 2nd Sphincterotomy but he told me about the risk of incontinency. I’m not sure what to do and I’d appreciate any feedback.
NoName
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Second LIS 4 weeks after the first one?

Postby Danalope » 23 Dec 2022, 03:01

I’d hit the fissure hard, 3-4 sitz baths a day & try to get some GTN ointment or Dilatizem? Not sure the latter is spelt correctly but the white cream you can get to help heal fissures! Give it everything for next 2 weeks & reappraise then.

Are you having spasms? If not, that’s a good thing I’d imagine, better chance of healing it with non surgical means. If having spasms a second LIS could be good as suggests he didn’t cut enough 1st time.
Danalope
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Second LIS 4 weeks after the first one?

Postby NoName » 02 Jan 2023, 20:26

I did what you said, I was feeling better until 2 days ago which is like 3 weeks post op. Now I’m in pain again. I’m so disappointed and don’t know what to do. Didn’t have the spasm but now they’re back again.
NoName
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4