CBD Oil/topical cream application

Use of CBD Oil (no THC) to relieve symptoms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

CBD Oil/topical cream application

Postby AF3 » 03 Jul 2023, 03:05

Hi All,

I read a few articles online recently about the use of CBD oil/cream topically for chronic anal fissures. The oil appears to have a lot of desirable properties akin to creams that are regularly prescribed - but in particular it contains anti-inflammatory properties and is a vasodilator so I can see where the benefit might be coming from.

There are a few studies that have been published but since CBD has only been a recent ‘discovery’ it’s in its early stages as a natural treatment option.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the oil/cream topically on a chronic anal fissure? I’ve done the rounds with GTN, diltiazem, Botox and none of them are able to get me over the finish line so I’m ready for a novel therapeutic application!!

Would really love to hear about it if anyone has tried this out. I read a few posts on patient.Uk but it’s not an active forum like this one - there was one poster who said it was a game changer for them. I know there’s no miracle cure but there are definitely some approaches that are better than others.
AF3
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: CBD Oil/topical cream application

Postby ruchgupt » 03 Jul 2023, 10:32

Oooh this is intriguing! AF3, when you say “not able to get over the finish line” what does that look like for you, out of curiosity? Eg they help with pain but your fissure never quite heals? They only help with some symptom management?
ruchgupt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby AF3 » 03 Jul 2023, 11:02

Hey ruchgupt!

What I meant was my fissure heals to about 95% and never gets to 100%. Then a bad BM, some sort of setback and it re-tears a little. Then I’ll get it back again to almost healed and never quite fully healed. And all the while on GTN/Diltiazem and a re-tear after Botox.

So now I’m wondering if CBD will be the one that works.
AF3
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby ruchgupt » 03 Jul 2023, 11:09

Ahhh that makes sense. It’s what I’m afraid for myself too tbh! Will be eager to see more advances here as time goes on…
ruchgupt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10