What are you looking forward to doing when AF is better?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What are you looking forward to doing when AF is better?

Postby Bumbutt » 30 Jan 2011, 11:49

This might be Off Topic material... but it is AF related...
I was couch-bound for 2 months and started fantasizing about what I was going to do when I felt better. What do you all look forward to doing when your AF is better/healed?
I just want to do my usual walk to the downtown area (about a 30 minute walk usually), stroll around, shop and have lunch in a cafй.
I'd also love to take a tour through the forest on XC skis, since we've had a winter with a lot of snow here.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Re: What are you looking forward to doing when AF is better?

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2011, 13:27

BB,
I was so excited after I had my LIS when my life became normal again.
I guess my fissure has taught me not to take a single day or event that may seem ordinary for granted. To be healthy is a blessing!
Shopping was first on my list after LIS. I will never forget my first Latte after my surgery, shopping w/ my daughters all day without spasms!
Being able to take care of my granddaughter has put me on cloud 9. I got my fissure a month before she was born and I know some are able to live with a fissure and function but I wasn't. It was horrible and I had no quality of life.
I'm excited about spending time with my family this summer and feeling well, vacations without a heating pad or butt ointments! Last Summer was horrible.

Postby callmecrazy » 30 Jan 2011, 23:36

I am just over two weeks post-op and I know that something as simple as a trip to the store excites me now! LOL
Personally, I'm looking forward to the day that I don't have to be afraid of BMs and where I am if one occurs. Before the surgery, and especially now, I'm in constant what-do-I-do-if-I-have-a-BM mode. At work I used to panic because the pain was so horrible at times I'd have to swallow my whimpers. Even the pain would be so bad that I'd just stand in the stall for 20-30 minutes , knowing the discomfort was visible on my face.
Yeah... I'm looking forward to the days of no fear. No fear of BMs. When that day comes, I will consider myself healed. Even though, having had mine for so many years, I think a little of that fear will always be with me... Image
callmecrazy
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby scaredy_butt » 31 Jan 2011, 01:24

As crazy as this sounds, when I am all healed up I am looking forward to being able to donate blood. I have donated 7 times in the past, and now work for Canadian Blood Services. I've had my fissures for so long and have had so much bleeding that I am quite anemic. Even my iron stores (ferritin) are low. I am taking a great iron supplement now available at health food stores called Floradix (it's a liquid and non constipating). I look forward to being able to make more blood donations for people to use rather than to the toilet water once I get my iron levels back to normal.
I also can't wait to see what quality of life I will have when I am healed as I have been dealing with this since I was 18 (that's 13 YEARS)! I can't remember what it's like to not have a sore bum!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby sphinctersaurus » 31 Jan 2011, 03:19

I just wanna eat a burrito again!! :D
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2011, 12:05

Call,
it's amazing how something so simple is first on your list. Doesn't seem like really much to ask for. I had my fissure less than a year and I can tell it took a toll on me mentally. I haven't had a painful bm in three months, but the thought crosses my mind right before I go still. It's much less than before but still there. I think you are well on your way:)
Scaredy_butt,
that's a wonderful thing to want to do. I can't believe you have suffered so long. You deserve to have pain free butt days!!
My 20 year old daughter tried to donate blood last week but they said she doesn't weigh enough. She's very small,LOL
Sphinctersaurus,
A freakin burrito sounds GREAT! That's so funny!

Postby Bumbutt » 01 Feb 2011, 02:35

It so great that you can now enjoy your time with your granddaughter Dawn - although you know you definitely do not look like a grandmother!! :) So great that LIS has worked to give you back that quality of life.
Yeah, I think we all don't want much. It is just "normal life". Soon, soon...!! I think this AF does teach you to appreciate those things you would otherwise take for granted... going out and having a lattй, taking a long walk.... or having a burrito!!
I have to admit, I did get out this past weekend, and had a chai lattй and a piece of carrot cake. Yum.
I think the XC skiing is a longer way off - I can't imagine making that needed stride just now. Just like I can't imagine doing any yoga.... Sitting on a cafй chair is one thing - doing a split is another! Image Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 02 Feb 2011, 10:22

Bumbutt wrote:It so great that you can now enjoy your time with your granddaughter Dawn - although you know you definitely do not look like a grandmother!! :)

Oh BB, did I say you're like my favorite AF Buddy, LOL
I read you have an appointment with your CRS now. Awesome news! :)

Postby Bumbutt » 02 Feb 2011, 12:20

Image :) LOL Image It's true! Or maybe you are just feeling extra extra extra good after LIS! :)
Yes, I have a date! I am so excited to go get a butt examination! That's a new one...! It feels good to know I'm going to finally get this process rolling.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bobcat » 03 Feb 2011, 00:42

Tell you what.........I'm looking forward to spending some "time" with my husband............poor guy has had to practically turn into a monk while I'm trying to get this under control! Image
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9