LIS with Sentinel skin tag and Papilla removal- when does bl

"Triad" treated by LIS and removals

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

LIS with Sentinel skin tag and Papilla removal- when does bl

Postby LeftMenu8605 » 18 Aug 2023, 17:03

Hello Everyone.
36/F here.

On Monday I had a LIS with removal of external sentinel tag and internal "hypertrophied anal papilla." I am on Day 5. Noticed a small increase in bloody discharge on the gauze today. I have had daily BM which are smooth and pain-free except for today I went a 2nd time and it was slightly violent watery diarrhea which stung pretty badly.
I am just wondering from anyone who may have had similar surgery when the bleeding and discharge/spotting may have stopped?
It is certainly not coming from the LIS incision site, it is definitely coming from inside or outside the anus where the tags were removed. And, its spotting. Like a 2x4cm ink blot test each time I change my gauze :gah: oh joy.
For context, the internal one was 1.50 x 0.25 cm and the external was 1.00 x 0.50 so I did get one stitch put in. I think on the outer one. They were pretty significantly sized. I believe I have had them for 6 years and this fissure would heal for 1 year then rip back open. They were exactly in line with the fissure as I have recently learned is called a "triad." I am so looking forward to being done with this horrible cycle. The latest episode has been never healed since April (4 months) and the papilla began prolapsing and requiring manual retraction whenever I would use the bathroom, which is excruciatingly painful when you have a fissure..... It was mentally defeating. It has taken over my life and I spent the entire summer with a sitz bath, nifedipine, and vaseline in my backpack whenever I would have to leave the house.
But...yeah... anxious about the small spotting of blood and wondering how long that continues? Thanks to any seasoned veterans for your insight!
:thankyou:
LeftMenu8605

Topics: 1

Re: LIS with Sentinel skin tag and Papilla removal- when doe

Postby Peggydoo » 18 Dec 2023, 23:12

Hey there I’m on day 5 post LIS with the same issues as you. Can you tell me how you’re doing now? I’m still in pain :(
Peggydoo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2