Best advice for aftercare from surgery- what to expect...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Best advice for aftercare from surgery- what to expect...

Postby alpinestrawberry » 11 Feb 2011, 08:49

Laying around for two weeks sounds divine! I wonder how those of us with kids in the house can manage that, though? I'd be lucky to lay down for twenty minutes at a stretch...hopefully when my turn for surgery comes, my level of activity won't hamper my healing.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2011, 09:37

Alpine,
How old are your kids? I have a six year old, her older brother and two sisters are grown. So that part wasn't too difficult for me at this point. If it would have happened when my first three were little together, it would have been a disaster trying to recover without a bunch of help,Lol

Postby alpinestrawberry » 11 Feb 2011, 09:59

My kids are 5, 8.5, and 10.5. The older two are in school and I drive them there and back every day. It will be a pain (literally) getting them there, but my husband will help as much as he can. He can work from home, or go in late/leave early...his job is really great, actually.
We DON'T want my mom coming...she has a way of turning herself into a guest and the last thing I need to do is worry about taking care of her, too. Besides, she doesn't even know about the situation, it's better that way.
Her sisters, my two aunts, do know and the one has offered to come up and help because she has lots of vacation time, but unfortunately she's never had kids and she isn't patient or understanding with them at all. The kids would probably hate her (I did when I was a kid) although I love her to pieces now. The other aunt is sweet as pie and great with kids, but she doesn't have the vacation time.
My MIL is passed away...I just don't have the help I need, but I have to get through this somehow anyway.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?