Can't believe I've been here for 1 year!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can't believe I've been here for 1 year!

Postby StevePain » 12 Feb 2011, 15:55

Hi all, today 12/02/2011 marks my first year on this forum, I can't believe it, anyway I would just like to thank everyone that welcomed me here 1 year ago, I would also like to thank everybody that gave me good advice and support the whole time and those that still continue to do so, I don't know what I would of done if I hadn't found this place when I did!
Seriously -YOU ROCK!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Can't believe I've been here for 1 year!

Postby cherylk » 12 Feb 2011, 16:13

We're sorry that you "needed" to find us, but glad that you are still here on the board.
We love you too, Steve!! And I heard a English researcher on the radio the other day talking about his research finding that it hurts less to get a shot if one watches the shot giving(decreases the pain). As I listened to the man speaking, I thought of you because he had that cool British accent. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2011, 01:02

Hey Steve,
I haven't been here as long as you, I just looked up my old threads under guest(lol) and I think my first post was July 31 , 2010. I do remember you were just about to have your LIS when I joined.
You have gave support to many including myself and I appreciate it too. I doubt many if any of us will ever meet but I will never forget this board and the ones who gave me support either. Image
pss...did you mean 2-12-2011?

Postby StevePain » 14 Feb 2011, 14:43

Thanks cheryl and dawn,
I don't think I'll ever totally leave this place, we all kind of lean on each other for support and lets face it, this is the number one place for help with this terrible affliction, the support and advice I've received here is 100 times better than any GP could ever give and I can only thank you all in writing, though words don't seem enough..
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 14 Feb 2011, 17:19

Since my butt is basically OK, I should probably leave the board. But since I have no friends, I can revert to my online boardies. Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2011, 19:20

Cherylk,
that's hard for me to believe....You're such a nice lady!
This board needs you. You are one of the few who healed conservatively and stayed to give help and hope to many.

Postby cherylk » 14 Feb 2011, 19:35

Dawn,
I do really have friends. I was just joking. But I do tire of being inside during the winter months, and this board does give me a diversion from my many household duties. :roll: I think many heal the way I did--they just don't/didn't join our little online family. My healing was not a straight trajectory--it was an up and down jagged line that improved gradually with many bumps along the way. :D
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Feb 2011, 00:17

dawn wrote:pss...did you mean 2-12-2011?

<< Whispers to dawn >> Shhhh ... he's European ... they put the month and date backwards Image Image Image Image
In all seriousness, Steve, YOU ROCK too!!! Backwards month/date and all hahahaha. This place really is great. Especially when one considers where some of us were butt-wise just a year ago. Maybe not all of us are all the way to where we want to be yet, but in just about all cases, I think we can agree that forward progress has been made, at least :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 15 Feb 2011, 04:12

LOL NG...
We do put the date that way, you guys put it back to front lol... Image
NeuropathicGuy wrote:This place really is great. Especially when one considers where some of us were butt-wise just a year ago. Maybe not all of us are all the way to where we want to be yet, but in just about all cases, I think we can agree that forward progress has been made, at least :)

Agreed, 1 year ago we were all in a scary place, wondering about surgery and pain etc, now 1 year on we have improved and some of us are healed which is brilliant, I believe I couldn't have gone through with the surgery if it wasn't for this forum, long live analfissure.editboard.com!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2011, 06:13

NeuropathicGuy wrote:<< Whispers to dawn >> Shhhh ... he's European ... they put the month and date backwards Image Image Image Image

I had no idea. Thanks NG :)
Sorry Steve Image