Bambi is turning over a new leaf

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bambi is turning over a new leaf

Postby Bambi » 23 Mar 2011, 16:05

Ok - my new motto is "Carpe Diem" and I will no longer say "no" to anything because of fears of what may happen with my backside. I posted in the "off topic" section and that will give more insight into the why of this. I have decided that I have put off living quite enough and if I have a loose BM somewhere and I'm not at home, then I'll just have my handy huge purse full of wipes, ointments, cotton balls, water spray, etc... and that will just have to work. Life is short and I so regret the amount of time I wasted before LIS. So if you are considering it, please just go ahead and get it over with. I think after 5 weeks that I am really starting to heal. I still have some irritation on the outside and I think the skin tag area gets disturbed easily. It looks pink still and like new skin that is fragile so I am babying it. But I am much better the more time goes by. I still have had the fragile emotional state that has become so a part of me- the fear of it coming back, getting worse again, my doing something to mess it all up and I realized today that is just not going to happen. I am better and my body is in a better place to heal what could happen. And I will continue to be careful, although what I would really like to do right now is go into the Rio in Boulder and have their maximum limit of 3 margaritas (something I've never done, by the way- one puts me into a drunk state for sure) and eat massive amounts of chips and salsa (I won't, don't worry) and then go get some decadent ice cream thing. I will carpe diem in reasonable, fissure friendly ways though!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Bambi is turning over a new leaf

Postby alpinestrawberry » 23 Mar 2011, 20:06

Bambi,
If I lived anywhere near you, I'd help you work on those margaritas!
Well, maybe after a few weeks of healing anyway.
Glad to hear you feel like you're healing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Bumbutt » 24 Mar 2011, 02:53

That sounds like a good strategy Bambi.
I'm with you on the margaritas! It would be fun to all go - AF'ers, living dangerously - having a margarita and trying to eat nachos in the smallest nibbles possible!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2011, 13:20

hi bambi,
this was written back on march 23!
today is july 6. i hope you feel that you have come a long way from that day!
definitely enjoy your margarita and side of ice cream :-)
big hugs 2 u,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74