Now in week five of using retrogesic...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Now in week five of using retrogesic...

Postby Eliza » 30 Mar 2011, 14:11

Hi, I am now into week five of using retrogesic and thought I would share my experience to see if its similar to others...
I started cautiously as I was worried about the headaches but they haven't been too bad and now I don't really notice them.
There was no change for about three weeks but then things started to get better and now going to the loo is almost pain free. I feel that the burning/stinging sensation I get following a BM is lessening and is not lasting as long and sometimes it is more of an itching sensation.
The bad news is that whereas I used to go to the loo once at the start of the day, now I am going two or even three times a day so I am living with less discomfort but for longer in total during the day. Is this down to the sphincter muscle relaxing as I haven't changed my diet at all. Seem's like you just can't win with this condition! Image
I am worried that I am not going to be healed by the time I get to the end of the tube of retrogesic and I hope my doctor will give me another.
I would really like to know if my experience is typical so far? Or if anyone can let me know what to expect?
Many thanks from Eliza.
(By the way I've had a chronic AF for several months now)
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Now in week five of using retrogesic...

Postby Bumbutt » 31 Mar 2011, 01:33

Hi Eliza,
I used rectogesic for 6 weeks, and then started to feel that my spasms actually increased from using it (may or may not have been that) and so stopped it. I think I should have kept on using it though... I read somewhere that it does take some time to take effect, and that using it for 6 weeks is a minimum amount of time that you should use it in order to have an effect.
As far as BMs per day, I don't think rectogesic affected that for me. Miralax/Movicol affects that for me - just the slightest change in the amount makes the difference for me. That and hormonal changes, which several women have also written about here.
Hope the rectogesic works for you! You should be able to get another tube from your doc no problem...
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Eliza » 31 Mar 2011, 03:10

Hi, it's interesting that you should mention hormonal changes. When I had my period a couple of weeks ago things seemed to get much worse. I'm dreading the next one and just hope things have improved generally by then so it wont be as bad.
Would you try retrogesic again?
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Bumbutt » 01 Apr 2011, 00:48

I'm using it again now... so basically I used it for 6 weeks from December to mid-January, then again from end of February to now.
Fluctuating hormones really screw up my digestive system, and always have. It's just that now it causes a lot bigger problems considering the fissure. A lot of other women have reported similar things here...
Hope you can get some more rectogesic. I had/still have(?) my fissure since November, but I think it's healing. It's at least in a state where I can be active again, and that is progress! Hope it will be the same for you.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Soreguy » 13 Apr 2011, 13:41

I noticed increased BMs on diltiazem at the same time I noticed less tightness.
I fought them if I had a painful BM the day before or that same day. So I would suggest if that were the case try to fight them too if you can, I think 3 times a day is too much, sometimes I went twice a day but most the time every 2nd day.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11