I did it too

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I did it too

Postby Guest01 » 10 Apr 2011, 04:11

Hi all. It's the third day after my LIS and things are ....good, considering. You were right, it's not such a big thing and the incontinence risk is just a big exaggeration, if you ask me now. I only hope it would work. Image
However, the first day after the LIS I had a spot of fever, not too high, but it was enough to put me in a big panic. I called my doc straightaway and he told me that it was to be expected and if don't feel nothing too unusual at the place of surgery, like heat, major pain or some kind of a lump, the things should be fine. Only that I had to take some painkillers which should work to break the fever as well. Pretty frustrating, as I had no great pains in "that place". My stomach doesn't like painkillers at all but this time I had to take the risk.
I still have some pain during and after BMs, not too great, but I can feel both the spot of incision and the fissure. Well, I suppose I couldn't really expect to be right as rain after only three days. :) But I feel weakened and really hungry. I didn't try to eat else but the usual and as I found out after the LIS, my anemia is a pretty big issue right now. Image
Hope to hear good news from all you guys and may the Lord make us one day as whole as we were once. Thank you for your precious support, for thanks to you I had a better picture of what I should expect after the surgery. My CRS was ready to send me to work three days post-op. :o
Guest01
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I did it too

Postby alpinestrawberry » 11 Apr 2011, 06:38

Yes! I'm SO glad you're done. You're right, the surgery isn't a big thing, nowhere near as dreadful as dealing with a fissure.
I wouldn't have been ready to go back to a job 3 days post-op though! It was still painful then and I wasn't walking straight. I hope you got enough time off of work to rest and heal!
I think you can look forward to things getting better and better now. Remember, the surgery works for something like 90-95% of cases! The odds are in your favor. I felt like it wasn't going to work for me, but it's been almost three weeks since my surgery, and now I KNOW it's helped me. If I needed to have it done again, I wouldn't hesitate.
Happy healing!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby New mum » 13 Apr 2011, 20:28

a late congrats!
how are u feeling now?
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest01 » 02 May 2011, 00:30

Well, things aren't so great, right now. I'm three and a half weeks post-op and I still experience pain during and after BMs, not every day, but when I think that finally the things would start to go up then something must to happen. :( I had a kind of fissurectomy too, a radiofrequency based one, but nonetheless the fissure spot was "scraped" and most of the pain seems to be coming from there.
I have a burning question, I kept using Rectogesic after the LIS but while it did me so good before, now it stings and hurts very badly. The worst part is that it isn't marketed here and every single doc gives you some cortisone-based ointment which I don't want to use anymore. So, please, for experienced LISers, what did you use after your surgery? Or did you left the place to heal on its own, without using this kind of stuff?
Thank you for your answers and for your well-wishes.
Guest01
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Elphie » 02 May 2011, 05:55

I haven't used anything so far but it's only my fourth day. Thanks to Bambi I've discovered that an ice pack for 20 min after BM/ sitz bath really helps with the stinging pain after.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10