I'm new and need encouragement

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I'm new and need encouragement

Postby Rachel » 17 May 2011, 14:31

The first time I even heard what I have was last Thursday. Before that, I have never even heard the name fissure, now it has consumed my mind since then. Since all you do is try anything for relief. My doctor has given me nifedipine and the hydrocortisone cream and suppositories. By reading posts online, I have learned a lot of what seems to help, but still trying to manage the best I can. I seem to be ok (kinda) during the off times when a bowel or gas is not there. I never thought passing gas and a bowel movement would be so painful. I am glad I found this site. Friends and family kinda understand, but they have no idea unless they have walked in these shoes. I want to be myself again..I am up and down with my emotions..I am a mother of 3 and need to be me again!
Rachel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: I'm new and need encouragement

Postby Elphie » 17 May 2011, 14:58

Welcome Rachel, I hear you! My kids just got their mommy back after a year of hell and I'm glad to be back! You don't say how long you've been suffering but usually if even gas is painful to pass, it's because the inner sphincter is too tight. I tried all the creams, Botox, etc, nothing helped me but LIS and I was literally better the next day! After a year! I don't know how much you've read here but miralax is a must for making stools soft and fluffy, after I started this I had no bleeding, no retears. Ibuprofen and generic robaxacet got me thru each day along with sitting, lying, driving on a heating pad. I hope you caught it early and the ointments help but if not, we are here to help, offer advice, we'll even get mad at your doc if u need us to!
My three yr old now tells anyone who will listen that the doctor fixed mommys bum she was the most understanding in my whole family because I told her it's like a bad diaper rash that never goes away, she could understand that!
Good luck, Rachel, I hope you get some relief soon, if there's anything I've forgotten don't worry, others will chime in!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Rachel » 17 May 2011, 15:20

have not tried the miralax, would that be something I take at night? my stools are not as soft as I would like. I feel like I am losing ground everytime I go..like 2 steps forward..then boom 10 steps back! So, I am headed to store right now! It brings tears to my eyes to talk with you and knowing you feel my pain! Thanks for the encouragement!
Rachel
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 17 May 2011, 15:39

I cried with relief when I found this site, only these ppl truly understand. My regimen is 1 dose of miralax split up, 1/2 cap with metamucil before dinner, again before bed although I use benefiber at bedtime, mixed with juice and my miralax. Within a day or two of starting it the bleeding stopped and none since except a bit after surgery for a few days. My fissure fire is out but I'm sticking to this regimen until my fear is gone. I don't know how long that will be but I'd take it til I die if I have to and it stops that continuous unrelenting burning. Make sure you drink lots of water, I know this means you have to pee alot but it helps maintain moisture in the bowel, keeps thinks soft and fluffy. This forum got me through this hell I hope we can help!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Rachel » 17 May 2011, 15:47

Thank you for your help. I will try it this evening with the reg dose and see how it does. I have tried it all. Have you ever tried the magnesium caplets?
Rachel
Fibre Addict

Postby Rachel » 17 May 2011, 15:53

I will be glad when I can say my fissure fire is out! thanks.
Rachel
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 17 May 2011, 15:59

I do take 300mg of magnesium citrate every morning. Before surgery I took two, oxide didn't do anything I had to find citrate.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Rachel » 19 May 2011, 09:01

Hi there! I have done the miralax for 2 nights and the first day, still not the results I wanted, BUT this morning, I did the HAPPY DANCE because It was the first time in awhile I had a BM that was plenty and soft and it didn't kill me! Still a little sore but nothing like the pain & spasms I have been having! I will keep it up..saving grace that miralax! Hope my fissure will now begin to heal. Never thought having soft stools would make my day Image
Rachel
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 May 2011, 14:46

Yeah Rachel! Good for you! I also never thought that I would care so much about the consistency of my poo ... but these days I brag to my husband whenever I produce a nice soft, fluffy one :D
I hope this helps your fissure heal!
Deleted User 579

Postby Rachel » 19 May 2011, 14:58

Thanks Mary! I know it takes awhile to fully heal..one day at a time. How long can one take Miralax?
Rachel
Fibre Addict