Here we go again!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Here we go again!!!

Postby val » 07 Jun 2011, 14:30

Thank you all so much for your support Image
Yes, the mind can play some very cruel tricks in the run-up to surgery Image Image
Have you still got problems with bleeding Hope? Try not to worry, that area takes such a long time to heal, and seems to bleed really easily without much reason. I hope things heal up for you very soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 15:30

Hey Val! It's nice to hear from you :D
I'm doing ok. I'm enjoying mostly pain-free days now. I'm still bleeding during morning BMs, though :( It's not a lot, but it is a bit frustrating. But you're right - this will take a while to heal and everything will be delicate down there for a while, I guess, so I'm trying not to get bummed out (very punny! Image ).
We are on countdown now for your surgery now, eh? Is it still about a week from now? Are you nervous, excited, scared, anxious, hopeful? Image ... all of the above?
how're you doing? I really hope you are doing as well as can be, all things considered Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 10 Jun 2011, 08:29

Hi Hope,
so glad you're having pain-free days - the bleeding will settle down eventually, it just seems like forever while it's happening, but you will heal, and all this will just be a horrible distant memory. :)
I haven't had too much time to worry about things to be honest. All week we have been backwards and forwards to an exam centre as my son is doing his GCSE's. He has been home-educated since age 12 as he has Aspergers. So my mind has been on worrying about him! My husband has been panicking about me today though and that's started to freak me out now - I was pretty calm about it, the main thing I'm worried about is something going wrong again! And that cutting seton sounds like a barbaric painful nightmare!! Image
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Jun 2011, 09:33

Hey Val! Thanks for the encouragement :D You're right, it sure feels like forever when you're bleeding and not quite healed. But I am going to take your words to heart - I will heal completely!
Your life sounds amazingly busy. Maybe that's a good thing, since it helps keep your mind off your upcoming surgery? So what is a GCSE? I'm so impressed that you home-school your son. I have no idea what that involves for a child with Aspergers, but it must be a bit of a challenge, since I imagine conventional education techniques would not be appropriate. (?) Your son must be pretty amazing.
So why is your hubby panicking about you today? I'm so impressed that you are so calm. That means you are going into your surgery with a good state of mind, and that will go a long way to making the whole thing more bearable.
I've been doing some reading on setons and it sure does sound pretty awful. But I also saw on a number of forums where some people say that they aren't very painful after a while. I think you are quite right not to panic just yet. It looks like people have different experiences with setons, just like people have different experiences with fissures and LISs, so I think we should just assume that you will have relatively painless experience with the quickest, best possible outcome. You certainly deserve such a scenario, so I vote we just tell the universe that is how things will go.
I hope you doing well Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 12 Jun 2011, 13:42

Hi Hope, how are you doing? I hope you are healing well, and the bleeding is stopping?
Yes, it's much better I was kept busy this week! GCSEs are our educational exams. We have a National Curriculem that all schools have to follow, then take the exams when we are 15/16. My son has been agoraphobic since he was 12, and because of his Aspergers and dyslexia etc., the school system never worked. He is 17 now and only just felt ready to take the exams. Yes, I think he is TOTALLY amazing - but then I'm biased! :D
Thank you for your encouragement, yes I think I will have to ask the universe to be very kind to me on wednesday and hope it's not too painful. I have read some very freaky stories about these setons Image
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Jun 2011, 16:30

Hey Val - It's so great that your son feels ready to take his exams. Our education system here is not very accommodating either. A friend of mine's son has serious learning disabilities and she has been in constant battle with school boards for a number of years now.
I wish I could tell you that I'm doing well; but, unfortunately, I developed an abscess :( I posted about it on another thread. I'm pretty down right now, but hopefully it'll clear up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday day. I really hope you don't have a lot of pain and that everything goes smoothly. I'll be sending all my best wishes and healing vibes your way!
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 13 Jun 2011, 12:45

So sorry to hear that Hope, you've been through so much already, it seems so unfair that you have to go through having an abcess too. I hope it gets better very soon. Image
Yes, I think all countries are failing our kids with education. It's ok if the child is "average" but if they have any kind of special needs, they seem to be thrown on the scrapheap Image I think it's the same if a child is extremely above average too - there doesn't seem to be any help for them to reach their full potential.
Oooh, wednesday seems to getting here all too fast Image Image thank you for your support! Image
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 13 Jun 2011, 16:13

sheesh! I could rant all day about the "education" system! (I'm pretty sure literacy will be a thing of the past very soon - lol!)
Thanks for your kind words, Val. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. But I feel better now. Thank goodness for this forum!
Wednesday is coming up on you pretty fast. You are being so brave about all this. I am thinking about you everyday and sending many good wishes in your direction. We're here for you!
Deleted User 579