LIS/Fissurectomy Coming Up!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS/Fissurectomy Coming Up!

Postby Brewmaster Mike » 14 Jun 2011, 16:30

Tomorrow will be my last brew day for a while since my surgery is Thursday. I'll be making a Robust Porter that should be good after some aging, when hopefully I'm all recovered from the surgery!
I'm stocked up on wet wipes, gauze, Miralax, fiber cereal, and my 2 Fleet enemas. Is there anything else I may need for the upcoming week?
Brewmaster Mike
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby sidra1968 » 14 Jun 2011, 16:56

Some good, compelling books and any dvd's you enjoy - especially for the first few days. Good time to "get into" as series if you enjoy that kind of thing.
Good luck and make sure to let us know how things went!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Brewmaster Mike » 16 Jun 2011, 12:51

Hey guys, just got back from my surgery not too long ago. Turns out I needed to have LIS, fissurectomy, AND internal hemmorhoids banded. Everything went well though.
I'm not in much pain now but I feel a strong urge to defecate. Is that normal? I don't want to go right now but I'm wondering if anyone else felt like they had that urge after surgery.
Brewmaster Mike
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Jun 2011, 13:03

Congratulations Mike! Welcome back! Wow you had a lot done. You seem in pretty good shape for all that, though.
The urge you describe sounds pretty familiar from what I've heard about hemorrhoid banding, actually. I didn't have that urge with my LIS (except when the packing was in briefly - do you have packing?). My guess is that it's the hemmie banding and that it should go away in a few days. But others with more knowledge will chime in.
I'll just say - way to go! and Happy Healing!!!!
Deleted User 579

Postby Brewmaster Mike » 16 Jun 2011, 13:04

Yes I do have packing and I'm wondering if it's that combined with gas. I've had some gurgling sensations in my lower intestine/colon area so I'm not sure.
Brewmaster Mike
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Jun 2011, 13:10

yep - I suspect that with packing, hemmies banded and gas, you have a perfect storm for urges! That must be pretty uncomfortable! I hope you get to go productively very soon - and get that packing out! I'm sure you'll feel a lot more comfortable once that's gone.
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 16 Jun 2011, 13:27

Hi there,
congratulations on getting through the surgery - great you've had LIS, glad everything went well. I didn't have that urge after either of my surgeries, but if you need to go it might be nice to get it over with while its still numb!
Once the local anaesthetic wears off it is a bit of a shock - stay on top of the pain by taking painkillers before it wears off!
Hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Brewmaster Mike » 16 Jun 2011, 20:14

End of day 1 post-surgery: not feeling too great. The pain inside my bum is dull but strong. Percoset doens't do too much for me and I still get a strong urge to BM every once and a while but I'm unsure if it's the banded internal hemmy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Brewmaster Mike
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 16 Jun 2011, 20:33

Hey there Mike,
I had the pressure after my LIS too. It felt like I needed to have a Bm, but I didn't until the next day.
Here's a link of my surgery where I had the same feeling.
http://anal-fissure.org/t2437-lis-skin-tag-removal-today#51428
Hopefully you aren't experiencing some spasms. Sometimes that can happen with butt surgery. I had to take valium for a couple of weeks.
Hope tomorrow brings a better day for you:)

Postby Savaici » 16 Jun 2011, 20:39

I have only had hemmy surgery, but know the pain of that, apart from the LIS and other surgery you've had done. As Dawn said, hope tomorrow will be better. From what I have read on here, being rid of the 'packing' helps to relieve some of the sensations and pain. I am sure too thatValium to help with spasms will also be good.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222