8 weeks post LIS/skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8 weeks post LIS/skin tag removal

Postby frustrated » 25 Jun 2011, 12:55

Well...it's been 8 weeks and I am still not completely healed. I think that is normal and I believe it is the skin tag removal site that is still healing. The fissure pain is, thankfully, gone finally.
I am having trouble with swelling that protrudes from my sphincter (kind of like an external hemi). It hurts a little but nothing compared to pre- LIS and even a month ago. I am hoping that is normal too??? Image
The surgery was definitely a positive step and I am trying to be patient and still eating healthy and taking miralax daily.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: 8 weeks post LIS/skin tag removal

Postby Deleted User 579 » 25 Jun 2011, 13:19

That's wonderful Frustrated! I'm so happy the fissure pain is gone! Image
I don't know if the external hemmie is a normal part of th healing process, but it very well might be, since other boardies have mentioned getting them too. Maybe warm baths would help with that?
The skin tag will heal completely too and I'm sure the swelling will eventually go down with it. It sounds like you are on your way to complete recovery. I am so happy for you! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2011, 17:45

Hey Frustrated,
It takes while for things to feel completely normal again. The skin tag removal does take the longest to heal!
I remember at one point in my recovery that I had what looked like a skin tag return in the place where I had the one taken off....I think I was around the weeks you are in recovery. I still to this day have no idea what it was but I was in panic! It went down before I could even go to my CRS appointment and hasn't came back since (KOW).
I think the trauma of surgery can cause some swelling down there and it just takes some time for things to go down. Image It's such a fragile area. It sucks but no fissure pain Rocks, doesn't it!!

Postby dexterdude » 26 Jun 2011, 05:55

It's great that the pain is gone, I think this should be the most important thing. I'm just 6 days post-op, but looking forward to the pain being gone when I reach your milestone :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2011, 10:09

Hey Frustrated,
I found the link where I was 8 weeks post-op and had some problems with what looked like a skin tag returning. It went away. I just think it's so easy to get swelling/injury down there while things are still tender and healing.
http://anal-fissure.org/t2547-swelling-after-lis#52427

Postby frustrated » 26 Jun 2011, 23:37

Thanks Dawn...that was helpful. I also have been exercising more than I have in a long time due to the fissure. I guess I may have overdone it and the sphinct swelled up.
It really does take a long time to get back to normal with this thing. However, I am not complaining; when I was in fissure hell, I thought I would never get better and now I feel like I am healing.
When I read the post I was thinking that the feelings and worries you were writing about were what I was experiencing (also that I remember reading it back in Jan. when I first came on this site)
This forum has been a godsend and thanks to whoever started it and to everyone that keeps it going.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8