There is such a thing as a good surgery experience!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: There is such a thing as a good surgery experience!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Jun 2011, 15:26

Hey Bambi! Thanks for checking in on me :D You are so sweet. I really hope you and Doug are doing well Image
NG - it's nice to know I have a twin ass out there in the world Image Thanks for the tip about keeping the butt dry. I'm careful about that now.
Hey Em! Thanks for thinking of me! I really hope you are doing well.
More pain today than yesterday, but that might be because I didn't take a percocet before bed last night, so when I woke up things were sore. Had a bit more pain with a watery BM
:(. I took a percocet late this morning and had four baths between sleeps. Doing a bit better now, but still kinda sore.
Oh well, good days and not-so-good days are part of the healing process. I think I'll just try to sleep as much as possible.
I hope you are all having a good day today :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 29 Jun 2011, 18:32

I'm happy it's over with for you, hope, and glad u had a better experience this time around!! Don't forget your frozen peas for swelling! It can only get better now. Hugs!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2011, 12:32

Just checking in to see how you are doing Hope? Hope all is well!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Jul 2011, 12:42

Thanks so much, Dawn! You're very sweet to check :)
Things are going as well as to be expected, I guess. Things are still pretty painful post-BM, but not so bad that I need the narcotics anymore. I'm still leaking some white goo, which could be normal wound exudate or residual pus. I'll find out Friday at my follow-up. The drainage is slowing down a bit, so I'm trying not to freak out too much:) I've been sleeping and bathing a lot. Actually I've been quite exhausted! I'm hoping to get more energy over the next week of healing.
How are you doing these days? I hope you're having a great 4th of July!
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2011, 22:12

Awww Hope,
It's good news you don't have to take the heavy pain meds. I imagine it is very exhausting still having pain with the bm's. I hope that will end soon for you. You really have had such a long recovery with this whole mess. I tried to read up on some of the older post and it seems like it could be normal to have some of that drainage for a short while after surgery. Hopefully it's just all draining out and the CRS will confirm that Friday at your follow-up! It sure seems like it would be!!:)
You are in my thoughts and prayers! It wont be long and you will be fully healed Veteran of all this butt mess and leaving much information for other sufferers!
I am doing great. Thanks for asking! We spent the weekend at Sea World with my daughter and son in-law, then a big family BBQ today for the 4th and fireworks. I couldn't help but think that last year at this time, I was in so much pain. I really appreciate the small things in life like never before! :)
Take care, and keep us posted. I hope things get better soon!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 Jul 2011, 09:29

Thanks for the encouragement, Dawn :)
I think that some drainage is pretty normal from what I've seen here too. I'll definitely post after my follow-up and share what I learn from my surgeon about that.
I'm so glad you had such a great 4th of July. It sounds like it was quite wonderful. I imagine that very few of us will ever take the little things for granted again! :)
Deleted User 579

Postby SummerGal » 06 Jul 2011, 10:12

I am glad your surgery went well Hope! I hope things continue to progress well for you. I went and got my second opinion, since I didn't care for my first surgeon at all. This guy said I have a fissure and a fistula that he wants to do surgery on. I am schedule for a manometry test first, then colonoscopy, and then surgery (different days). I hope this will solve my butt woes. I am really nervous, as this is my first time having surgery, so it's good to see you share your experience.
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby adam » 06 Jul 2011, 12:29

Hey hope to heal, the discharge is normal. I was given a paper by the crs and it said that discharge and bleeding is normal as it is healing.
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2011, 14:47

hope you are feeling much better today hopetoheal!
if you are feeling some pain after BMs, it would probably be best to keep taking your pain meds on the clock!
big hugs 2 u,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 579 » 06 Jul 2011, 18:00

Thanks so much for the encouragement, guys!
Summergal, I'm so glad your CRS is being so thorough and that you found one that you like. That makes such a difference to how the surgery goes. I really hope you are doing well and that you aren't too anxious :) let us know when your surgery is scheduled so we can help keep your spirits up :)
Adam, thanks for the info about discharge. It's good to know that's normal. Keeping the anxiety level down is pretty challenging these days. I'm getting pretty tired of all this right about now. It's nice to get reassurance.
Happyass! It's nice to "see" you again! I'll defintely take the pain meds if things get worse. Right now Ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick, but I have have a supply of the big guns and I'm not afraid to use them! :) how are you these days? I really hope the ass is still happy.
Big hugs to you guys! :)
Deleted User 579