Pain at 2 weeks

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Pain at 2 weeks

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 Jul 2011, 19:53

Same here Steve! I hope you get answers and options.
Deleted User 579

Re: Pain at 2 weeks

Postby seattlesounders » 07 Jul 2011, 20:44

Okay some updates from my side - saw the doc for a 3 week check-up since the area still feels very sore when I sit, give me about 30 seconds of pain after a BM, and feels raw when I bend down to pick something up
I was convinced that I must have infected the area (there is a slight smelly discharge in my pad, and after a bath I ocassionally find a a lump of greenish stuff). I also felt like I had a slight fever, but when I check I'm in the normal range. Doc checked me and said he is 95% sure I do not have an infection, and gave me gauzes to insert in the area to try and keep the area dry. He also explained the green material as phagocytosis of bacteria from the white blood cells.
I also asked him why he said that I'd be back to work within 2-5 days, when I'm gingerly managing limited hours at 3 weeks. The frustrating thing was hearing him say that 95% of people heal within a week but that I was in that 5% that seem to be taking longer but he couldn't offer any good explanation other than people have different pain tolerances (which riled me). He did say that there are 2 different types of pain - those from BM (surgery) and muscular pains from muscles being too tight in anticipation of pain. I didn't feel like I can buy that explanation - some days I can walk freely and others I do feel very tight. He prescribed me Valium but I feel reluctant to take it because I read it interferes with the immune system.
Questions for you guys:
1. Does his explanation of what I thought was an infection seem inline of what you guys experienced?
2. Do you you guys feel that 95% of people really heal that quickly from fissure surgery and LIS?
3. What were pros/cons to using Valium that you found?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion