3 weeks post LIS pain

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 weeks post LIS pain

Postby JulsPain » 08 Aug 2019, 20:03

Hi everyone.

So this Friday will mark exactly the third Friday after I had the LIS. To be clear I had LIS, tag removal and some hemorrhoids excized.

I am still experiencing some stinging through the day, and while the pain isn’t terrible, still have some discomfort with BM’s despite taking 2 colace a day and having a good diet.

I’m really starting to freak out as I cant distinguish the fissure pain from what could be the wound pain, but a couple of days ago I did have some blood (tiny bit) on my TP so I’m worried I might have tore again.

This was honestly my worst fear and I am freaking out that the surgery didn’t work. I did have a follow up at week 2 but my CSR didn’t do a full examination and said to come back in about 4 more weeks if I’m still having any issues.

Anyone else here have a similar experience? Did you find that the pain went away with time?

Thinking of booking an appointment with a therapist as this has been such a tough experience. I’ve lost over 20 pounds in the last 6 months, am terrified of eating anything ( I do eat normally but I’ve become afraid of food if you know what I mean) and in general I don’t know how I’m going to cope if this surgery fails.

I’m only 25/F so I don’t even know if a second surgery will be an option as I haven’t had kids yet and don’t want to mess up that area too bad before then.
JulsPain
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: 3 weeks post LIS pain

Postby Abu » 08 Aug 2019, 22:09

Hey Juls, based on people's testimonies around here it can take longer for some to heal even with LIS. 6-8 weeks are not that uncommon so be patient and don't freak out. Try not to look at the TP, trust in your body and focus your mind on other thoughts.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Re: 3 weeks post LIS pain

Postby appleapple » 09 Aug 2019, 23:28

Such great advice (as always), Abu =)
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?