Pain at 2 weeks

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain at 2 weeks

Postby seattlesounders » 30 Jun 2011, 20:52

Guys, def had a 2 steps backwards day today -
After a BM, I lent over to clean up and felt a really painful ripping sensation. Couldn't even get in my warm bath due to the pain any time I lent forward. Rang doc and he seemed to think it was just associated with the muscles being tight and being forced to open for the BM.
My poops seem to be medium sized but are then followed by loose material. Seems hard for me to know if they are too big or not. I'm taking metamucil and miralax twice per day in morning and evening.
I have a bad feeling that I may have caused it by cleaning in the bath yesterday (and possibly tugging at stitch or the wound). Or maybe eating meat tacos with corn. Has anybody experienced anything similar?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Pain at 2 weeks

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2011, 22:10

Hi Seattle,
I highly recommend you read some in the diet and supplements threads...
It is really important to watch what you eat while healing from anal surgery. I'm not sure if you ate hard shell or soft taco shells, red meat or chicken?
Sharp foods such as tacos, chips, popcorn and such are not good to eat while healing from anal surgery. Red meat also makes harder bm's, as does many dairy products, especially cheese.
You need to be gentle when cleaning the area. Many of us, such as myself avoided wiping at all after surgery and used a hand held shower wand. Cotton or baby wipes and q-tips can be used to gently clean with warm water.
I didn't experience anything like this. I didn't have stitches with my surgery.

Postby seattlesounders » 02 Jul 2011, 21:31

Thanks Dawn. Ate chicken and soft tacos, but obviously have to watch things further. Today I had red blood after I wiped. Should I assume this is a re-tear? If yes what are the implications for me because of this? Does it simply increase length of recovery time or does it mean the doctor would need to conduct surgery on me again?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 04 Jul 2011, 07:31

seattlesounders wrote: Today I had red blood after I wiped. Should I assume this is a re-tear? If yes what are the implications for me because of this? Does it simply increase length of recovery time or does it mean the doctor would need to conduct surgery on me again?

Speaking from experience I would say it's most likely a re-tear or damage to the surgical area which would definitely hamper the healing process, this happened to me during the first week post-op and I'm suffering the consequences of that to this day.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby seattlesounders » 04 Jul 2011, 15:10

Steve, ouch. Any idea what caused yours? BM or movement. What did the doc say when he saw you? Over the phone, mine seems to think this is okay, but I can't imagine it is to have a line of weakness introduced again.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 04 Jul 2011, 15:29

It felt like my stitches ripped during BM, the pain that followed was the worst I've ever experienced, my a$$ has never been the same since and that was 11 months ago, as a result I can no longer push too hard as it feels like my insides are going to fall out.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby seattlesounders » 05 Jul 2011, 00:04

So so sorry. I did get an awful pain (felt on par with pain from my fissure in its prime). When did you do your check up and what did doctor suggest? I ask because my wife is nudging me to go for a 3 week check-up instead of 4, but I can barely walk up a step sometimes let alone let the doc stick a finger up there to inspect things.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 05 Jul 2011, 14:58

I had a 2 week follow up and that was it, the consultant told me that things would gradually get better, if only!! Personally, I feel that just one check up is never enough, anyway I'm seeing my surgeon in a week or so to get some answers...
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 05 Jul 2011, 15:02

Best wishes for your appointment, Steve, and be sure to keep us posted (literally).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby seattlesounders » 05 Jul 2011, 15:35

Seconded, hoping you get some good news Steve
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion