How much more should I take of this pain!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How much more should I take of this pain!!!

Postby andy1505 » 02 Jul 2011, 13:33

Hi guys
Had a really bad end to the week and really stressed!! BM's are like water due to stress and not eating much!!
For those that don't know had my Botix on the 21st June 2011, tonight I am in lots of pain, surely thus shouldn't be happening??
Took Tramadol regularly and ended up with hallucinations during the night whilst I was trying to sleep!!!
Do I ring the hospital to tell them about the pain so I could go back in for further treatment or will they not do anything until the follow up??
I am really depressed right now, issues with work ( job is moving overseas ), family with my wife telling me she wants space after 22 years and wants to leave!!! Appointment being booked with relate on Monday, need to talk to someone to save my marriage and the woman I love!!!
All this is really getting to me and I dont know where to turn first for help
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: How much more should I take of this pain!!!

Postby dexterdude » 02 Jul 2011, 14:06

Wow Andy sorry you are really going through a lot. I can totally understand this is NOT the right time to have pain down there.
As a fellow botoxee (and about the same time too), my experience is very different, I have little to no pain. So I would think you shouldn't have it either. True I also had a fissurectomy, but I regard that as more of a pain-factor than not, so, if anything, I should be having more pain than you.
So definitely, call the hospital. They are responsible for helping you after all. If at all possible, try to get in and be seen by a doc.
And most of all, hang in there. The most important thing (as I've also told myself) is that you are actively doing something to cure the AF. Little steps, I know, but you are at least past the creams stage and getting some professional help.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby val » 02 Jul 2011, 14:10

Sorry to hear all that Andy. Stress will actually make it all worse, although obviously at the moment, it's not something you can avoid by the sounds of things.
Do you need the tramadol, if they make you hallucinate? You can get a bit hooked on those, they are for short term use only. Could you try paracetamol and ibruprofen together, and maybe a low dose of valium at night?
If you feel you cant stand the pain, then I would maybe give the hospital a call. I think botox does take it's time to work though, and most people need more than one shot of it to do the trick.
Sorry you're in so much pain.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andy1505 » 02 Jul 2011, 14:29

Thanks guys!!
I have stopped the Tramadol, they were making me feel like a zombie and I was spaced out most of the day, but it did help with the pain
I can take paracetermol, but suffer from asthma so unable to take ibuprofen. I think I will make an appointment with the doctor on Monday, I need something to help me sleep and keep the pain at bay, I have never been a good sleeper, but the recent stress is nit helping!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby val » 03 Jul 2011, 02:00

You could ask for a low dose of valium Andy. It would help with the pain, and help you to sleep. It's annoying not being able to take different painkillers - I'm allergic to a lot of the NSAIDs, and cant really take ibroprofen because of a stomach ulcer (although I do take it sometimes if I really have to!)
How about codeine - can you take that? It can be bought OTC, I think. If you take that though, you'll have to remember the stool softeners!
val
King Fissure

Postby andy1505 » 06 Jul 2011, 03:56

Hi Val
Have been given Codeine for the pain now as i am also suffering from lower back pain, this is from a motorbike accident several years ago!!
Also have been given Citalopram to help pick me up!!
One question, over the past few days after each BM it itches like mad down there, does this mean its healing as i have never had this before??
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby val » 06 Jul 2011, 14:18

Yes, it does itch when it's healing . Rather like any sort of cut that itches like mad as it heals. Hopefully that's a good sign. My ice cube trick of an ice cube in a sandwich bag pressed onto it after a bm might help.
Are you feeling any better over all, Andy? You've had a nightmare time, hope things are improving for you.
val
King Fissure

Postby andy1505 » 12 Jul 2011, 08:43

Hi Val
Itching has stopped and had more blood today, so not a good sign!!!
Thinking of ringing the hospital to see what they suggest!!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Jul 2011, 11:02

Hey Andy - I think it's a good idea to give the hospital a call. It couldn't hurt and they may even be able to put your mind at ease.
I hope you get good news, are at least good advice. Let us know how it goes.
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 13:48

Andy,
You do not need to much worry about bleeding. Your wound is not healed yet. Botox just eliminates the sphincter spasm, but wound should heal itself and usually it takes a lot of time. I had a LIS 8 weeks + and still bleeding from time to time. Today I saw my CRS. He checked me and saw that wound is still not closed, so I need to be more patient. He said that fissure healing time is about 6 week - 3 months