please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Postby Sue27uk » 07 Jul 2011, 10:52

I have had infections and goodness knows what over the past few months. Was diagnosed with a fissure 5 weeks ago and have been treating it with rectogesic. This seems to be helping , but unfortunately for the past 6 days I have had pain at the front in my lower abdomen and to the bottom left (which i've had for 4 months on and off). I have been to my doc and she has done blood tests and urine tests which have all come back clear. She just says it is part of the healing, but I get pain when I am now weeing and across the front. It's like period pains and a constant dull ache. I know this isn't strictly fissure related but has anyone else had this when a fissure is healing? It feels unrelated to me, and not sure how much more I can take. I was being more positive, but this has dragged me right back down and the doctor doesn't seems to know what it is. Keeps telling me to see how it goes, I am sick of it :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: please help - lower abdomen pain when healing?

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 11:10

When I first had my fissure, I was rushed into hospital with sharp pains down the left side - they thought it was appendicitis, but found nothing.It's continued ever since on and off and I still dont know what it is.
It could just be some sort of spasm - the whole area feels kind of "as one!" I think I posted a few years ago about pain while weeing - I think its just all the muscles and things all irritated and sore.
I suppose there is a possibility of IC maybe, if you feel pressure?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby soredownunder » 07 Jul 2011, 23:39

I'm a male but for what its worth when my AF was first found (and I also used Retrogaesic) I had trouble weeing and pain in the front abdomen/ pelvic area. After seeing my CRS and then a urologist I was told the AF spasms can commonly affect the whole urinary area as all the nerves are connected. After having eventually having botox to ease the spasms that part of my problems seemed to clear up.
soredownunder
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2011, 13:01

I just want to add:
When my spasms were really bad in the beginning of having my fissure, I also had trouble peeing. I never had any abdominal or pelvic pain though.

Postby Sue27uk » 09 Jul 2011, 05:57

Thank you! I am going back to the docs Monday and seeing what she says as the fissure is beginning to improve, but now appear to have another problem and am sick of it!! Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby juniper » 28 Jul 2011, 05:46

I developed pain in my abdomen. Above my pubic bone. It is getting worse as my fissure worsens.
I have one question too. Did you get pain in your prostate and penis when your fissure flares up ? I am confused. As my fissurre got worse, I developed a pain in my prostate region, something like a pulling pain and sudden pain along my penis. Did any of you experienced something similar ?
juniper
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby soredownunder » 28 Jul 2011, 21:00

The pain I had was in the pubic bone area plus difficulty in weeing. I thought I had a prostate problem and saw a urologist as well as a CRS. As per my earlier post I was told spasms from fissures can affect the whole urinary/ pelvic area because its all to do with the same nerves so it may affect people in different ways
soredownunder
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Sue27uk » 29 Jul 2011, 09:42

I know I'm a woman! But I have pain just above my pubic bone, plus had trouble when weeing so I presume it's something to do with the fissure. I have a scan booked but don't expect it to show anything. Am going to a CRS in the hope of sorting the fissure which will help my other problems :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist