Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby IronicTwist » 22 Mar 2017, 04:54

Careful with running as this could aggravate things more. Try take a break for a week or two untill you heal enough. Swimming could be a better option for you at this point just as long as you dont go directly after theyve added chlorine to the pool. Strength training shouldnt be too bad depending on how much pain you feel but you are very limited in what you can do. Nothing that involves core muscles and 99% of exercise either seated or lying down. VERY low weights. I cut everything out completely to try heal a little faster. Unfortunately my case was a stubborn fissure that wouldnt go away no matter what I did so I got LIS. 3 weeks later and I can comfortably say April I will be back on weights.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby HopefulRebecca » 31 Jan 2018, 20:46

pita74 -- would you say that jogging/running is actually a good thing to do? I've been reluctant to do that kind of exercise for fear of more pain. I've had my fissure for about 1 month now and it's excruciating.
HopefulRebecca
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby IronicTwist » 01 Feb 2018, 07:45

Try avoid any strenouous activity. A brief walk for now. Anything that builds up a sweat is sure to irritate the fissure even more.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Feb 2018, 05:44

Hey IT how are you doing
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 02 Feb 2018, 05:51

Much better MPB. About a week ago I had a little blood on my tp but no pain. Next day all was ok. Just readjusted my meals and everything fell back into place. Its pretty suprising how long its taking the fissure to fully heal. I know it's still healing after a year but the pain is now next to nothing. Only occasionally do I get a tiny bit of irritation but it all depends on diet now. Ive picked my weight back up unfortunately, about 6 or 7kgs but I stopped weighlifting so it was inevitable that id pack on a few kgs. No worries though, surf season is coming up in a few weeks so I should melt it off within a month or so. How about you? Everything running well?
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Feb 2018, 06:42

Oh that’s great to hear, I’m doing good thanks I am having a bit more pain when I have a flare but I think that is because I still tear a bit with my flares but with GTN I just get burning and no spasms.
Yes I think it’s inevitable that we put some weight back on when we are no longer scared of eating....unfortunately I have put a stone back on but the twinges after my flares have stopped me succumbing to any trigger foods.
I’m sure by surf season you will be great. Yes it’s astounding how long a little cut takes to heal and how easy it can be for smaller cuts to reappear.
Glad your doing well :D
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20