Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby GilmoreGirl » 29 Nov 2016, 15:33

Thank you so much.

I had a very rough end of the prep, I was very nauseous and crampy, had constant chills and did not sleep. Woke up to freezing rain but made it to the hospital on time. Knocked me out completely and I didn't feel a thing. Fissure is very sore and there is a new sore area - not a fissure yet I hope. This was all from the prep - the procedure was fine.

My results showed I had one healed fissure and one chronic one that is large but not too deep. I have lots of rectal swelling from the fissures. But otherwise things are clear, the inflammation from my last colonoscopy is gone, so now I can move on.

My gastro talked to me after and suggests I have an MRI to double check that everything is ok - to me this seems excessive since he said all was clean. Let's just say I did not enjoy my last MRI - vomited the liquid I had to drink and had diarrhea for two days after.

My gastro is still emphasizing the restoralax/Metamucil combo for soft stools - despite my explanation that I've had difficulties with that and did better on immodium.

Have an appointment with the surgeon on thursday and her nurse said she has time reserved for my LIS surgery at the end of December.

Currently exhausted, still passing liquid stools, stomach is upset and butt is throbbing. Trying to choke down some toast.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Nov 2016, 15:54

Oh GG I'm so glad you will have had your LIS by the end of this year, that's great news.
Why an MRI when a colonoscopy shows better, if you had anything going off in your small intestine ie crohns your bloods would show that anyway.
At least it's all done now and I'm sure your stomach will calm down soon.
You can now look forward to the new year being fissure free x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 29 Nov 2016, 17:12

I know - going to ask the surgeon if the MRI is necessary. Thanks mpb, so tired and yucky right now just want to sleep again lol
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 30 Nov 2016, 10:58

Woke up this morning to awful cramps and diarrhea - ate an oatmeal cookie and drank some water, the cramping seems to have died down so I really hope that was the last of the laxative leaving my system. Feeling really raw and sore, my butt needs a break. Plus I have an appointment at 9 am tomorrow with the surgeon - it's a bit of a car ride and I don't want to be having diarrhea.

Exhausted and I feel like giving up even though I've made good progress...don't know if this is the medication making me feel so down or if I'm just exhausted from the past few days
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Nov 2016, 11:08

You have done so well Hun, of course you feel down your in pain....it would be a bit worrying if you were in pain and felt happy....plus diarrhoea exhausts us it robs our body of nutrients that it needs to give us energy. Relax today and eat if you can. Look forward to tomorrow and hopefully getting a date for your LIS
Mypoorbutt

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2016, 22:03

Thinking of you, GilmoreGirl, and hope you'll start feeling better tomorrow :huggies:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Dec 2016, 10:28

Thank you so much Savaici and mpb. I'm still feeling very ill and sore, and I'm dreading every bm. The gas after colonoscopy is torturous with the spasms.

Thank goodness I saw the surgeon today. She and my gastro have made this an urgent case - I'm very grateful for that. I'm scheduled for LIS next Wednesday. No prep is required beyond fasting. I'm very scared, but my surgeon took some worry away by saying basically I have no option - either continue with this pain endlessly or have the surgery, deal with that pain, but see improvement quickly. She estimated 3-4 weeks recovery.

Scared but grateful, and glad to be able to come here for advice and reassurance.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby chachacha » 01 Dec 2016, 10:39

That sounds very promising. I'm really happy for you!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Dec 2016, 10:56

So happy for you GG that's great by Christmas you should be feeling much better than you are now and early next year you can get back to the gym.
Keep going not long now
Hugs
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Dec 2016, 15:53

Thanks guys.

I'm having some trouble right now as I'm very full of gas and bloated, feeling like I should have a bm to ease things but nothing is happening. It's like things move along quickly to a certain point and then just halt in my gut.

It's very uncomfortable. I'm thinking I may breakdown and try either a laxative or the Metamucil/restoralax combo suggested by my gastro...any advice? I'm scared to make a move, but this cramping is very uncomfortable.
GilmoreGirl
VIP