Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Nov 2016, 10:56

Just tried to have a bm, because my stomach is cramping and my rectum feels full, but I can't go. I tried phoning my CRS and her office is closed. I don't see my gastro until Tuesday after the colonoscopy prep. I don't know what to do
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Nov 2016, 11:54

Trust me Hun I have been in that situation where a couldn't get anything up there but when you need to go it will open up and you will be able to poop. Yes it may still be tight but you will be able to go.
Why couldn't you get GTN it's the one that relaxes it the most I find.
When you start the prep it won't be that horrid...yes it will be painful so coat your fissures and take painkillers the worse thing you can do is tense up...I know that's easy to say and I'm too scared to have my colonoscopy but you have to have it and they may find something that will help them treat your fissure, look on it as a step forward to recovery.
We are all here for you while your doing the prep and from someone who can go 10 times a day I know exactly how much pain you will be in, I was sobbing my heart out on Friday literally screaming in pain....if you still have your morphine and can take it I would advise you to do so before you start the prep so you at least have some pain relief in there.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Nov 2016, 13:02

Thanks mpb i am hoping I will be able to get through this. I'm scared because I feel this muscle tightness through my whole rectum, the pressure when I stand isn't bearable...but yet the fissures are healing and less and less sore. I'm starting to think this strange tightness is what caused the fissures, not the other way around. I hope I am able to speak to my gastro before the colonoscopy because I feel like I should tell him this...

He did say to take the morphine but will it even be able to work if I'm flushing everything out like that?

Thanks for your support...I know none of us are in a good situation. But if you had told me six months ago that I'd be in bed all day, not able to eat, and suicidal, I would not have believed it.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Nov 2016, 13:11

Yes if you fell your fissures are healing but the tightness is still very much there and that is causing pain separate to the fissures then that def needs to be looked at.
I'm sure it will work a bit as it's all absorbed in you small intestine and the prep is only meant to work on your large intestine.
Tell me about it Hun if someone had told me that I would stop my weekly bottle of wine and my Hagen das I would have laughed as I carried on eating that even when it was sending me to the toilet 20 to 30 times and was very uncomfortable. This pain is a whole new level for me...it's a life changing level...and if I didn't have kids I'm not sure I would have got through the worst times...it's not natural for a brain to want to carry on in this level of agony.
Keep going though Hun you will get through this you will get your life back and any future struggles will pale into insignificance after this pain both mental and physical.
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 26 Nov 2016, 12:13

It is for sure life changing, thank goodness I have my parents to help, and a good friend who has had a fissure before. And you're right, I can't imagine finding anything as horrible as this.

Thank goodness I'm feeling slightly better today. I still have some tightness, tried to have a bm but couldn't. I'm pretty sure there's nothing there - probably overdid it on the immodium and pain killers and have become constipated. It's been years since I haven't gone everyday! I'm a little worried about what will happen when I finally do go, but also this is giving the fissures some extra healing time.

I think will I just drink lots of water and skip the immodium for sure tonight (although I was only taking half once a day...didn't think I would get constipated from that). I guess worst case scenario I will use a warm water enema kit to help ease things if it is too large by the time I do have to go. Until then I will try not to worry.

Oh and I have to do the colonoscopy prep on Monday...so if I am constipated it won't be for long lol
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Nov 2016, 13:45

Oh yes it has totally changed my life....I used to be quite dismissive of people who said they would rather give up than endure agonising pain...well I'm not anymore now I have a whole new perspective.
It's good you have someone who has been there and experienced it that must be good.
I'm sure you will be fine...I was in a proper state last night had to literally put my fingers up there and manually get it out....it was very traumatic and I have def torn my fissure big time....that's because I took too much pain killers loperamide and my crohns meds...you will be okk as you have your bowel prep nothing stands in the way of that lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 26 Nov 2016, 20:35

Ouf that sounds rough - but I've been there. Try the enema or even do it in the tub if that helps maybe? I did manage to go this evening - only about three small marbles eek. But I drank tons of water and ate some mango (gasp!) and am not going to take loperamide tonight - so hoping for a quick bm tomorrow morning.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 26 Nov 2016, 20:37

Forgot to mention - since taking the loperamide my ibs is feeling much better - even while constipated (for me) I have had much less bloating and gas and cramping. I would never have thought to take loperamide before you mentioned it mpb, so thanks for that!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 05:53

No it wasn't pleasant but I have been for a BM since and although very painful there was no more blood and it came out without help lol
Oh yes that is one thing the loperamide does help with is the cramps it's really good.
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 11:43

Ok so now I'm getting really scared. This morning I had another small bm - 3 small marbles that were so so dense and difficult to pass, even though they were small. I had some bleeding too but I don't know from where. Spasms are starting very bad now.

I'm petrified that I'm going to have trouble with the prep tomorrow...if the bms are so so hard and dense now, will the prep soften the enough to pass easily? I need liquid bms during the prep or I will have trouble (since I have trouble passing large soft stools). Should I take a stool softener now just to get things started? I'm scared, never have I gone so little in three days and the fissure is aggravated again.
GilmoreGirl
VIP