Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby GilmoreGirl » 23 Nov 2016, 19:23

I think things are slowly healing up but I have no relief from the spasms! I tried running errands but standing and walking is too much - does anybody else find this? At first I was better standing than sitting...now sitting is more comfortable?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby SurvivorX » 24 Nov 2016, 12:05

GilmoreGirl sorry you lost so much because of this. Really hope you get better soon. Don`t give up and pls keep us posted.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Nov 2016, 12:11

Hi Hun, do your spasms just start or do they only come on after a BM....must be really hard if they just start out of nowhere. I know I'm safe as long as I don't go to the toilet....although to be honest sex does set it off sometimes especially if I had been to the toilet that day.
It's the worse time of year to be ill....you see everyone else having a good time and enjoying themselves and you just want to join in. It's hard as well because others get upset if you can't eat and drink with them....they don't understand that just that little bit of food or alcohol could put you in unimaginable agony.
Maybe see how you feel on a daily basis and play it by ear x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Nov 2016, 15:13

Thanks so much survivorx.

They tend to start after a bm which I really can't avoid every morning. But even if I feel like they've died down, as soon as I walk or stand for a few minutes they are worse than ever. After an unideal trip to the bathroom, I often feel not only pain but lots of pressure down there, like I need to have a bm but there is nothing there.

The holidays are going to be rough, but I guess there are many other years to enjoy. I worry about not being able to travel to see my elderly grandmother though.

Today was not a great day, and I'm getting very anxious about the colonoscopy prep I have to do on Monday. The way I'm feeling now, I know it's going to be awful.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Nov 2016, 15:45

Mine would start again on days when I had a BM if I walked up stairs or sneezed....we just don't realise how involved our sphincter muscles are in general movement. Try and eat sparingly over weekend....and I'm not sure what prep you have but once you have got to the stage of yellow liquid then you really don't need to keep drinking it.
Good luck Hun....it won't be as terrible as you think, just stay near the toilet x
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Nov 2016, 15:56

Ya I've done the prep before but not with a fissure ugh. I asked my gastro if I could stop when the bm was clear, as that happened last time after the second sachet of laxative. However, he said it's imperative that I keep going because even though it appears clear, there is bile being removed that clouds the camera. I wish it was just a quick enema for a sigmoid, I think the colonoscopy is overkill. I'm scared it's going to reverse any improvement I've made ugh
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Nov 2016, 16:49

Wow really....I have had about ten colonoscopies over the years and always stop once it's yellow liquid if I kept drinking till it was clear I would be on the toilet for days and days...maybe it's because of my crohns they let me stop as my bleeding gets very heavy when I take the prep.
It's best to go all the way as if you do have crohns it could be fight at the beginning not at the end....they will know you have a fissure so make sure you remind them to use the smaller camera tube....they say it makes it harder for them to see but like my dr said if the person operating it is good the size shouldn't matter :lol:
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Nov 2016, 16:57

Thanks mpb, I will make sure to ask for the smaller camera. He is a great gastro, probably the best where I am. I had no pain at all during my last colonoscopy, so I'm hoping this time will be ok too but I don't know! In any case I will be relieved when it's over, and then hopefully I will be heading to surgery and be done with this all (if I'm very very lucky).

Will I ever wear tight pants again?! Lol
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Nov 2016, 17:19

Oh that's good then Hun he probably will already be using the smaller one. I had an anoscope whilst I had this fissure and while it was a bit painful it wasn't terrible....but this is where I'm honest and say that I have cancelled my annual colonoscopy and one just after Botox...so basically you are WAY braver than me as I told them unless you think I'm in serious trouble nothing is going up my butt while this fissure is there...although if I still have it next year I will have no choice.
Yes you will only those pant will be a few sizes smaller thanx to the amazingly successful fissure diet lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Nov 2016, 17:34

I don't blame you - I fought this one but he insisted, and I know it's the right thing to do. I know he's gonna drug me to high heaven during the procedure so something to look forward to lolol.

And yes what a diet! My muscles have disappeared from this no food/couch all day life sigh
GilmoreGirl
VIP