Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 12:12

Noooo GG don't take stool softener before prep....that stuff is designed to clear out people who are seriously impacted....if you didn't have a fissure I might say try it might even be amusing lol...but not with a fissure. My mother in law had a colonoscopy Wednesday last week and she is often constipated....well let's just say she went well over 15 times and only the first two were formed BMs.
You say you have hardly been eating so that will have an impact on how you poop. Trust me this time tomorrow you will have niagra falls coming out of there especially if you have been told you must drink it all.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 13:55

Now am in emergency, pain unbearable even with morphine.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 14:06

Oh nooo hunii can't they keep you in till your colonoscopy it's not fair to be left in such pain...I'm in agony myself at least an 8 contemplating going myself but don't fancy the 7 hour wait...actually can't they keep you in and do your LIS as soon as you get your results
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 19:19

Ok so didn't get admitted but got some help and glad I went.

Didn't have to wait too long before seeing the doctor - who proceeded to try and shove her finger up there after saying she was just going to look on the outside. I yelled no and put my hand on her arm but she kept going, I had to literally pull her hand out. Then she says "oh, that's just a little spasm you're having, it will pass." LOL

Anyways, I was left in a comfy bed with warm blankets and well looked after by a very nice nurse. They did bloodwork (all normal), and gave me an injection of a strong anti inflammatory and an injection of a painkiller called Dilodid (sp?). Oh my lord the pain in my arm from these injections was incredible - felt like someone was sawing at you with a knife all down your arm. Offered some quick relief and I was pretty doped up from this point on.

They also did X-rays to see if I had any blockage - especially since I have barely gone in three days. What a relief that was - turns out there's not much there at all, so I'm not going to get anything too large pre-prep.

Dealt with the doctor again, I could not believe how horrible her manner was, cutting off my questions and answering me like I was an idiot. I asked if I should go to emergency if I started the prep but my bowels wouldn't open, since I've had so much trouble with that lately. She thought I was crazy and told me that my gastro would have to deal with it at the colonoscopy. Anyways, she got me quite upset and was not reassuring whatsoever.

I think I got up to fast, and was quite upset after this discussion, and couldn't catch my breath...had a panic attack on my way out, one thing after another. I've never had a panic attack before and it scared me so much, I seriously thought I would die. But the nicest nurse I've ever met took me back to emergency and got me sorted.

So it's been a long long day, but the pain meds haven't worn off and I'm feeling less nervous about tomorrow. They told me not to be stingy with the morphine tomorrow, so I will make this whole thing as pain free as possible hopefully.

Can't wait to sleep and get tomorrow done with
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Nov 2016, 06:34

Oh my life she sounds like she is in the wrong job....I'm pretty sure the founding tenent of being a DR is "do no harm" and trying to shove a finger up someone's butt while they are in spasm is pretty damn harmful....stupid stupid woman....I have had doctors like that but now if I'm in spasm I just flatly refuse...we know I have a fissure what the hell or they hoping to find.
Glad you got some pain relief Hun and if your bloods came back normal then it really is highly unlikely you have any IBD as it would show up. So fingers crossed you get your LIS before Xmas.
If there isn't much in there then it shouldn't take all of the prep to run clear....as soon as it is clear stop don't drink anymore you don't need to put yourself through that much trips to the toilet. Really really hope the painkillers last and the morphine works. Hoping your running clear after maybe your third trip.
All I can say is I had to pass a kidney stone once and every doctor and nurse was lovely and kind telling me this is the worst pain ever...did I want more pain killers....well let me just say it was about an 8 maximum and my fissure pain is often off the scale but never ever have I had understanding or sympathy from GPs or emergency doctors....they are like it's a little cut and a spasm it will pass....sod off it's the worst pain I have ever had and some understanding would go a long way to making the mental torture a lot less.
Good luck GG thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way xx
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Nov 2016, 10:29

Exactly I really didn't understand her attitude. It really upset me...as my parents and I were leaving I started to have a panic attack and my mom turned to the doctor and said that I couldn't breathe, and the doctor just said "oh it's fine, just a panic attack" and turned around!! I could have been having a reaction to meds or morphine dump or something, I certainly didn't feel well looked after by her, thank god for the lovely nurses.

Drinking my breakfast Gatorade now, going to take my second morphine in an hour then take the laxative at noon. If it's super clear and I'm having a tough time, I'm probably just going to take the two as you said. The third is supposed to be taken at 10 pm and I have to leave for my appointment at 7:00 am so I'd rather go to bed than be up on the toilet.

Thanks for the continued support, I'm sure I'll have some updates soon
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Nov 2016, 10:41

Some doctors just don't understand at all....that is just a disgusting way to treat someone.
Good luck with it all Hun and keep taking your morphine hopefully it will go smoothly with minimal pain. Don't forget the three is to ensure people who get impacted are cleared out...once your clear there is no need to take more.
Fingers crossed for you
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Nov 2016, 13:02

No pain...but still have not gone! Been just over an hour since taking the packet - worried eek. Is this usual? Last time I was going within 40 min or less
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Nov 2016, 14:37

Pain starting up again, it's been 2 and a half hours and still nothing...what's going on with my system??
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Nov 2016, 14:52

Don't panic GG it took 3 hours from first drinking it for it to work on my mother in law....it even took me just over an hour for it to work....it has to get to your intestines so if your transit to that point is slow then it will take a bit longer. Maybe last time you were more stressed...don't forget you are taking opiates so that will slow it down a bit also they said there isn't much in there so your system will be slower due to that....I would give it at least till the second sachet before you worry
Mypoorbutt