Surgery scheduled for July 20th

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery scheduled for July 20th

Postby Jas » 12 Jul 2011, 13:59

I am having been dealing with 2 fissures for over a year. I finally decided to see the CRS. He will be removing the fissures, one hemorrhoid and doing the LIS. I have never had surgery before only a colonoscopy last year. I am very nervous about having surgery and the post-op pain and healing. Any help or words of encourage will go a long way and hopefully ease my worries.Thanks- Jas
Last edited by Jas on 12 Jul 2011, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Surgery scheduled for July 20th

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 15:48

Hi Jas,
Welcome to the forum. You have come to a good place for support. Sounds like you have a lot ahead of you. I had LIS and a skin tag removed last year. There was a old boardie by the name philber I believe who had what sounds like the same thing you are having done. I don't remember if he had a fissurectomy also but I do remember he had the hems and the LIS at the same time. I think he was on cloud 9 at six weeks post-op and very happy with his results. It won't be easy I'm sure ,but we have to look at the bigger picture in the long run. I had to keep telling myself that before my LIS procedure!
There's some good info in the surgery threads and some really good folks on here who are very supportive and although we all may have had different butt problems and procedures, we know the fear and pain it all can bring. I remember Phil telling me that his CRS told him that he could go through the procedure and deal with the healing pain or live like he was for the rest of his life. That kind of put my situation into perspective at the time.
Take care:)

I found Philber's surgery post link-
http://anal-fissure.org/t2348-sphincterotomy-and-hemmorhoidectomy-four-days-ago#50198