Howdy fellow bhole sufferers.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Howdy fellow bhole sufferers.

Postby peeweefissure » 13 Jul 2011, 17:59

Hi -
my name is Morgan and I've been dealing with anal fissures and skin tags(2)since I was 23. It all started when I developed a severe case of anxiety...wasn't eating...yet still pooping like 3 times a day, which resulted in constipation and pushing. My oh my had I known then what I know now. I'm now 29 and because I suffer from SEVERE white coat syndrome I just now asked my physician to take a look while she was doing a physical and she confirmed my fears. To be honest I've never really took any over the counter medications or creams because of fear. I do eat a lot of fiber, but that doesn't seem to help produce softer bowel movements. I go at least 2 to 3 times a day which I think prevents me from healing. It seemed that I would go through flares where it wasn't painful and then times when it is. Now for the past 3 weeks it's constant pain when I go. My doctor recommended surgery, but after looking up the doctor she recommended I almost shit my pants (no pun intended) at the horrible reviews people left. Instead I decided to ask GI doctor about it(a good waste of my copay), whom by the way was the most unfriendly doctor ever. I asked her about getting my skin tags removed as I stared at a poster on the wall about skin tag removal and how it was done. She looked at my like I was crazy for even asking about it. So, I feel like I'm finally ready to put these bad boys to rest. I'm tired of feeling my bhole rip every time I go the bathroom, but all the info the google doctor provides doesn't make things easy. Any natural tips or remedies would be appreciated. Image
peeweefissure

Topics: 2

Re: Howdy fellow bhole sufferers.

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2011, 20:29

Hi Morgan,
Chronic fissures usually don't heal. You have suffered way too long. I had LIS and a skin tag removed last year after suffering 8 months with a fissure. I've said it a million times and I will say it again- it was the best decision I could have made!! There are no home remedies that are going to heal a chronic fissure.
The best thing is LIS by a well qualified CRS. You will be rid of the pooping shards of glass and skin tags for good!! I felt better the first day after my surgery than I did the day before with my fissure.
The fear and anxiety was much worse than the surgery and I healed in 6 weeks with no fissure pain from day one after surgery...:)

Postby soredownunder » 13 Jul 2011, 21:13

What Dawn says x 2
At 29 you have got a lot of years left and there lots of people on here who have problems like yours successfully fixed with various procedures and/or surgery. Despite your white coat syndrome you have to make a choice, be proactive and get this fixed or just keep living with it for who knows how long. The first step would be to see an experienced CRS, they deal with these problems all the time. You can then find out your treatment options and make your decisions. Don't worry about your local doctor or the GI doctor. Unfortunately some doctors are not caring and just don't get it or don't have the interest, experience or knowledge to deal with the specific conditions this forum is about. I hope this all doesn't too harsh but I think you need to make the decision to take control.
soredownunder
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 13 Jul 2011, 21:43

I've had my life back since LIS this past April. You need to take charge, most of us have tried EVERYTHING. There's no magic cure, if it's too tight, it won't heal. Sorry u have to be here but this forum saved my sanity, it can help you get through! Good luck I hope u find relief soon!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby peeweefissure » 14 Jul 2011, 10:56

Thanks for the replies. I know I need to go to a colorectal surgeon and discuss my options, I'm just so afraid. What is the healing time like after both procedures, were any of you able to return to work immediately? :D
peeweefissure

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2011, 11:39

Hey Morgan,
Only you can decide when you've had enough. Healing is nothing to be afraid of. Recovery times vary from person to person. It may take two weeks before you are able to return. Just like any surgery that we have, healing doesn't happen immediately. Yes I felt much better the day after my surgery than I did with the fissure pain but you are sore. It's not the same kind of pain as a fissure. It's a sore feeling and you have to do the baths, diet, cleaning to get well. It takes 6 weeks for a fissure to heal and the skin tags under good conditions.
All the anxiety just isn't worth not moving onto healing in my opinion. I know your fears. I was there, but honestly I was pleasantly surprised with my recovery. It almost makes me laugh when I think about how scared I was for nothing...
This is not a death sentence,Lol. It's a surgery with a high success rate that is going to give you your quality of life back. You may have to sacrifice a couple of weeks off of work or out of your life but you have to think about what you will be getting in return.