Self Skin Tag Removal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Self Skin Tag Removal

Postby peeweefissure » 13 Jul 2011, 18:08

Okay - This might be really stupid to ask, but I'm going to go with it anyways. In addition to fissures I also have some lovely skin tags Image . I've been consulting dr google for a while and I've read through lots of forums about people removing skin tags themselves. I've read of people using dental floss to cut off the blood flow, and I've read of people burning them off with blood rot!? and people have gone as far as wart removal freezing(oh lawd!). The dental floss removal procedure sounded perhaps doable. I mean, If you tie a string around the base and kind of let it suffocate, it kind of would fall of no? Obviously I'm fantasizing about not having to do this in a doctors office and I'm trying to find any way around it. Has anyone had an experience with self removal, or no anyone that has?
peeweefissure

Topics: 2

Re: Self Skin Tag Removal

Postby itpainsme » 14 Jul 2011, 09:22

I don't have any experience with self removal in that area. I have once removed one from my arm, but I definitely would not do it myself in the anal area. I would suck it up and go to the doctor and get them removed.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Downthere » 15 Jul 2011, 01:37

Go to the doctor. I would think that the risk of having there to go there with even more serious problems will be much bigger if you begin to fiddle around yourself.
I mean: How to see? Mirror? Light? Feeling? How many arms do you have? :-)
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2011, 12:03

Agreeing 100% with the others. You could actually make things worse, maybe even an infection. A CRS can get rid of it immediately and you get pain meds. Not to mention, the fissure needs to be taken care of w/ LIS or you're probably going to get another skin tag.

Postby parklife » 16 Jul 2011, 05:32

I'm in favour of the Dr. vote. The very thought of self-removal of a skin tag makes me cringe.
parklife

Postby Soreguy » 18 Jul 2011, 04:02

I am going to assume you're not wanting to see a doctor about this for embarrassment reasons rather than financial.
You should know doctors aren't just trained for knowledge but for things such as this, cutting people up and sticking their fingers in places that would otherwise be awkward or have a layman pass out(surgery), it's in the job description, doctors do it every day and its really not a big deal for them and it shouldn't be for you.
Every guy over 40 has to have an internal physical examination and every women also, youre not in an uncommon situation and its just part of life.
This attitude is really putting your health at risk.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11