It's offical I'm having surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

It's offical I'm having surgery!

Postby ren0318 » 16 Jul 2011, 07:03

Well, I went back to the Dr yesterday, I was having a major spasm (for 3 days), I had ripped AGAIN, after feeling great for about 2-3 weeks. So we decided that the surgery was my best option. The Dr will be out on baby leave now for a month, so I can't have the surgery until August 24th, but I figure I've lived with it this long a few more weeks won't hurt. I did ask if the surgery would still go on as planned if this latest rip had healed by then and she said YES! I'm nervous, but hopeful. I asked how long I would be off work, she said she tells all surgery folks 4-6 weeks, but I sure hope it's not that long, we are really busy this time of year at my job, I hate to leave them hanging like that. But I have a great boss and she told me to think of myself first! I'll keep you posted, I'm sure in the coming weeks I'll have lots of questions!
Ren
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: It's offical I'm having surgery!

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2011, 10:18

Good Luck Ren. I think you have made a good decision :)
I know it's scary but it's so worth it!
We will be here to answer and support you Image

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Jul 2011, 12:01

Hey Ren! That's great news! As Dawn says, surgery is scary, but it is so worth it - it's your best chance to heal and put all this behind you (so to speak).
We will count down to your big day :)
Deleted User 579

Postby ren0318 » 18 Jul 2011, 18:44

Thanks for the support! I've had a really good weekend, pain wise, that's what I hate it comes, it goes, you don't know from one day to the next!
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18