New to Forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to Forum

Postby cyn » 27 Jul 2011, 17:35

hi
Im new to the forum I have had this fissure for a year now and I am in need f advise. I have a skin tag and possible fistula any suggestions?
I'm glad I found this forum...
cyn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New to Forum

Postby itpainsme » 27 Jul 2011, 23:46

Hi, welcome. I am pretty new to this forum too. Your situation sounds kind of like mine. I have had my fissure for a little over a year and now I have a superficial fistula too. I am having my fistula surgery tomorrow as well as Botox at the same time to help with the fissure.
I was told that a fistula will not go away without surgery. My fistula is located at the edge of the fissure and my CRS told me that is probably keeping my fissure from healing. I decided to go ahead and get the fistula taken care of, since it won't go away on its own anyway. I am hoping by doing that and having the Botox, my fissure can heal all of the way.
My advice would be to see a colorectal surgeon if you aren't already. Be sure to keep your stools as soft as possible with stool softeners, Miralax and fiber. Also make sure you drink plenty of fluids. If you have a fistula, you will probably eventually have to get that surgically taken care of.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: New to Forum

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2011, 08:38

I second itpainsme's advice. You need to see a CRS as soon as possible. Fistulas aren't something you want to play around with. They can get worse which can involve more invasive surgery than necessary by not having it taken care of sooner rather than later.