glycern suppository

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

glycern suppository

Postby andyk123 » 05 Aug 2011, 04:36

has any one had any good results using these? my problem at the moment is my stools are soft, apart from the very beginning which is quite hard. ive been drinking fybogel, taking stool softener, drinking laods of water, and eating plenty of fibre - but just cant seem to get that initial bit soft.
so i thought maybe using a glycerin supposotry would get this bit soft?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: glycern suppository

Postby of all the places to hurt » 05 Aug 2011, 05:15

andyk123,
DON'T USE EM!! I tried those and like I said later to my doc, I might as well have given them to my dog for all the use they were!! Also, aren't we in enough pain down there without shoving something up Image ...It's only my opinion but had to tell you! Nearly 5 months in I discovered that 2L of water, no coffee, fibre gel after my tea and movicol 2 x a day is the way forward. I just can't manage with the spasms. They are coming thick and fast now and nowt seems to help them! Let me know how u get on if u use the glycerin supp? Gosh, am cringing just thinking about it...Good luck
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: glycern suppository

Postby Sue27uk » 11 Aug 2011, 06:47

The hospital used a suppository on me and it didn't work at all. I also had the same problem as you andyk123! Don't know if you're in the Uk like me, but I have recently started taking dulcoease (docusate sodium) stool softener. It says to take 3 tablets a day, but I just take one at night before going to bed and it seems to have worked for me. I also take a very small amount of lactulose in the morning. I have tried drinking lots of water, eating fibre and fybogel (which majorly disagreed with me due to my IBS!!), and nothing else has worked like dulcoease. I cannot manage spasms either, baths help but I have chronic thrush so not able to do that! You are not alone!! I also get muscle tightening down below and everywhere it seems! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21