Position of fissure ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Position of fissure ?

Postby bluefizz » 17 Aug 2011, 08:57

Geoff
I've got a feeling that the UK docs call the perinium (front of your bum) 12 o clock - so spine is 6.
I say this because my Doc confirms that I have a fissure at the front (less common in guys) which is slightly off the centre line - he calls it 11 o clock. This counts as within the usual areas (at or around 6 or 12 o clock). Mine came from a dose of Guardiosa (bacteria from fecal matter in water) after I swam in a pond! It took them months to diagnose and the end result was a tenderised bottom!
Good luck - I'm off to the hospital next week - having tried Rectogesic, Diltiazem and non-intervention I'm thinking off requesting a 'cut' - life's too short to have a pain in the arse all day (pardon my profanity)
bluefizz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2011, 15:54

Bluefizz,
I think you are right about the back being 6 and the front being 12'oclock. For some reason I thought the opposite but I know mine was located towards the spine. All that I know it 6 and 12 are the most common. I think a little off either way isn't anything to be too alarmed about.
Here's some info I found. My daughter who is in the medical field( not a CRS) said it would make sense that towards the back is 6 o'clock and towards the front is 12'oclock.
Posterior meaning back and anterior meaning front.The most common location for an anal fissure in both men and women (90% of all fissures) is the midline posteriorly in the anal canal, the part of the anus nearest the spine. Fissures are more common posteriorly because of the configuration of the muscle that surrounds the anus. This muscle complex, referred to as the external and internal anal sphincters, underlies and supports the anal canal. The sphincters are oval-shaped and are best supported at their sides and weakest posteriorly. When tears occur in the anoderm, therefore, they are more likely to be posterior. In women, there also is weak support for the anterior anal canal due to the presence of the vagina anterior to the anus. Image

Postby Geoff_M » 20 Aug 2011, 09:55

Thanks for your replies, I think that 6 o'clock = spine is me. It's been 3 weeks since small bleed and 4 weeks since major bleed for me so I'm really hoping that I'm on the mend. I have given up the Dilt - it didn't seem to be helping and am just using stool softeners (prune juice, Movicol) and lots of fluid and sensible diet. My main problem now is spasms, i.e. after some BMs my anus just seems to swell and "knot up" as I describe it. This last issue I've had for years, way before the fissure reared its ugly head...
Geoff_M
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby juniper » 20 Aug 2011, 10:11

juniper
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2011, 21:35

Geoff_M wrote:Thanks for your replies, I think that 6 o'clock = spine is me. It's been 3 weeks since small bleed and 4 weeks since major bleed for me so I'm really hoping that I'm on the mend. I have given up the Dilt - it didn't seem to be helping and am just using stool softeners (prune juice, Movicol) and lots of fluid and sensible diet. My main problem now is spasms, i.e. after some BMs my anus just seems to swell and "knot up" as I describe it. This last issue I've had for years, way before the fissure reared its ugly head...

I hope things get better for you Geoff. Those spasms are horrible. I think I could have lived with the bm pain if I hadn't had the spasms Image

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2011, 21:38

Juniper,
You rock!! Thank you so much. I have searched high and low for the butt clock. I now can officially say my fissure was @ 6 o'clock.

Postby rhs7787 » 20 Aug 2011, 22:11

Now I wonder if there is a slight better healing rate at the 12 or 6 o'clock position?
rhs7787
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby of all the places to hurt » 21 Aug 2011, 07:09

Geoff,
I am finding that taking Movicol (1 satchet) a day, is stopping the spasms!!! I am not hurting my butt so much. But loose stools sting but rather have that than hard bm and that pain and then the spasms!
Let us know how u fair
Good Luck Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 21 Aug 2011, 12:46

A butt clock!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image that's so funny!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Sue27uk » 22 Aug 2011, 06:02

This would make sense, I was a bit confused as my CRS said 6 o'clock was by my spine/coccyx. In other ways not such a relief as I have pressure underneath and presumed it was because my fissure was by the perineum, oh well I suppose it can affect everything! A butt clock - ha!! I know what you mean, I couldn't find anywhere to help me figure it out!! :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21