How do you know your having spasms

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How do you know your having spasms

Postby db56 » 16 Aug 2011, 10:34

Can you not be in pain and be having spasms? It's hard for me to determine what a spasm actually is. It's obvious when I'm sweating in pain that I'm having spasms but how else can you determine if your having them?
db56
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: How do you know your having spasms

Postby val » 16 Aug 2011, 12:17

Well, some people don't know they're having them but then a CRS can feel the tightening. For lots of people though, me included, the spasms cause an agony not unlike the tight feeling of contractions in childbirth.
It feels like your butt-muscle has gone into lockdown!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Aug 2011, 14:48

For me, the spasms were very painful - lots of burning and sharp pains, like a knife was stuck up my butt. And, like Val says, it feels really tight. There have been some boardies who didn't experience so much intense pain, but their sugeons could still feel that their butts were too tight.
Also, I had my fissure for probably 8 months (off and on when it healed and retore), and it was painful, but not over-the-top crazy pain - that came later when things got really intense for another two months after that. The pain was so bad I was living on TOC pain meds and cryign a lot. So, unfortunately, in my experience, it is possible to not have much pain in the beginning, but have a lot later. That's another good reason to get on top of healing fissures before the grow up to be evil dragons!
Deleted User 579

Postby ren0318 » 17 Aug 2011, 18:48

I too have had the AWFUL spasms!!! For me, it hurt like nothing else I can explain. If I've sat for a time and get up, oh my throbbing like an other. Walking at times has been very difficult as well.....Trying not to look like something is gripping your butt cheeks is a task in itself sometimes! I wish feeling spasms on NO ONE! Image
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby Ardp » 12 Nov 2011, 12:58

hi .. the spasms that i have are in my lower back not my butt is that normal ????
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2011, 13:35

Hey Ardp,
Fissure spasms are in the Anus, not the lower back.

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Nov 2011, 21:36

To me, spasms are like uncontrollable clenching of your anal muscles. You can feel it certainly, like never before, but you can't stop it.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2011, 21:53

It was the same for me Dwarfs. Image Just horrible clinching out of nowhere! I think it was NG who gave the best description of what I felt with mine also.
I kind of envied people who just had them for a # of hours after a bm. Mine could last all day and just randomly hit me out of nowhere. I had a constant pressure that felt like I had to have a bm pretty much 24/7.
I'm so thankful those days are over!

Postby dwarfs8 » 13 Nov 2011, 01:10

yes dawn, i remembered my first week of anal fissure was pure hell. I didn't even know that i'm experiencing spasms, i only know it's excruciating pain. The throbbing lasted for the whole day and peaked at every BM. After i survived thru the 1st week, healed 90%, the clinching is still lingering there. I was still clueless why. So i researched and realised it's the spasm. Until now, i still do get gentle spasms after BM, but it will probably only last for 10mins.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19