Considering Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Considering Surgery

Postby xlilbefx » 17 Aug 2011, 00:41

Hi Guys,
I'm new here.. so loads of advice would be fantastic.
I'm 28 and have just been diagnosed with a fissure. Quite unpleasant.
The doc said to keep at the Rectogesic and laxatives for 6 weeks, and if I get no joy out of it, then I will need to have surgery.
The Rectogesic gives me the most god-awful headaches, and needless to say .. I can't really apply it at work. So there goes the whole "apply 3 times daily" thing.
Anyway, my main question is .. how much does the surgery cost (answers preferably from people in Australia would be great)
I don't have private health insurance, just medicare.
Appreciate it Image
xlilbefx

Topics: 2

Re: Considering Surgery

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 17 Aug 2011, 04:20

Hi xlilbefx,
I was in the same situation and i was given the similar medical prescription for the Anal Fissure. I can truly understand your situation. However in my case i had acute fissure. It is important to know if your fissure is acute or chronic. Conventional Medication did not help me so after 4 weeks i had anal dilation surgery done and today is seventh day after surgery and i feel normal again. Regarding the cost of the surgery. It cost me Indian Rupee 6010 only in terms of Aus Dollar $ 135. I know in India it is very cheap. Make sure your surgeon is very experienced, usually the Old ones and the ones who have their Surgeon Degree from Europe are the ones to look out for. I hope that you are pain free.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Aug 2011, 06:52

Hi, Just a thought but why don't you ask for a different cream? I was prescribed Rectogesic and I could not stand it! Those headaches! Their are so many of us on Dilatazem (prob spelt it wrong oops sorry!) No headaches at all with this cream! :D
I am in the UK so apologies I can't help with your other questions
Good Luck Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby xlilbefx » 18 Aug 2011, 03:15

Thanks for the replies :)
I'll see if I can find a different cream in the meantime.. I just want it all to go away..
I've come to the conclusion that my body is out to get me.. Image
xlilbefx

Postby Deleted User 579 » 18 Aug 2011, 16:35

Aw Xlilbefx! I'm so sorry you are suffering! Are you on nitro? I got diltiazem, which is supposed to not cause the same bad headaches. Everyone here knows how it feels when your body turns on you! It won't stay that way. One way or another - either from the oitments or with surgery - you will heal and be friends with your body again! Image
Deleted User 579