Post-Op appointment

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post-Op appointment

Postby ren0318 » 31 Aug 2011, 15:40

well the day started off ruff again, BM, hurt! Then second BM hurt again. They off to the Dr.'s she said everything in there looks real good, I still had 1 structure that has not dissolved yet. She told me to continue to rest, as being up causes the blood to pool and makes me swell and have pain:) No work yet, she wants to see me back in 2 weeks, says I'll be a lot better by then. However if I start feeling good and think I can go back to work before then, to call her and she would see me sooner and access the situation. I think I'll take the full 2 weeks. I don't want anything to go wrong!
The area is starting to itch! Like crazy, she said to take Bendryl or put my lidocain in the fridge and the coolness of that helps relieve the itching, any other itching advise?
thanks gang! I'm so glad I found you all!
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: Post-Op appointment

Postby Deleted User 579 » 31 Aug 2011, 16:44

Yay, Ren!!! That's great news! Image

I really like your doc. She sounds really wonderful. I agree that taking two weeks off is a good idea. If you can do it, why not? Why risk any complications after all you've been through? It sounds like you are doing everything right. I didn't get really bad itching, so I'm sorry I can't help with that. Maybe the baths will also help, and possibly making sure the butt is good and dry - but perhaps others will chime in. :D
Deleted User 579