New to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum

Postby Peter4pm » 01 Sep 2011, 12:02

Peter here from Glasgow in Scotland Uk
I've first suffered from a fissure in 2003..it lasted for around 5 weeks then healed up ...i was in agony for lack of a better term.
The fissure has since returned febuary of this year ...and by god has it reaked havoc ...i was off 6 weeks sick from my job ...each day was the same , would go to the loo and it was like passing a load of broken glass out your bum ..it would bring me to tears and i was straining beyond belief.
Then came the after pain , oh my god it was dreadful ...i would just go to bed and try to zone out ..couldnt watch the tv or anything the pain just took over everything ..and it would go on for hours ..only late evening would the pain subside to a level that i could do things.
It lasted 6 weeks before it started to heal ..at the time i was using rectalgesics cream ....sore heads galore using that stuff but it seemed to work as it finaly healed up and i was painless for 3 months until the begining of july when it returned after a bowel movement at my place of work ...i knew straight away by the blood on the toilet roll ...i was like ....not again....this time its not went away ....ive just went the last 3 week with no pain ...and today its back .....and id just been to the hospital 3 weeks ago and was givin Anoheal from the hospital ...im back at the hospital in october ...i fear an opperation is going to be in order
Peter4pm
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: New to the forum

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Sep 2011, 12:11

Hi Peter! I'm so sorry you are suffering, but you've come to the right place, so welcome!
Everyone here knows the pain you are in and the struggle you have had. It does sound to me like you might be facing surgery, since you seem to keep re-tearing - that won't likely stop if the ole sphincter is too tight. The good news is, the surgery is not nearly as bad as it sounds. I had the surgery in May and it gave me my life back.
Ask any question you want - there are few topics that we aren't willing to discuss seriously, and there really isn't any such thing as TMI around here either. You'll get lots of great advice and support. I hope you aren't suffering too much today!
Deleted User 579

Postby Peter4pm » 01 Sep 2011, 12:17

The pain today is not to bad thank god ...im just hopeing it subsides for another few weeks as im off to spain on the 12th ...last thing i need is to be feeling like hell because of my bum , that will be the holiday from hell for sure.
But yea i fear surgery is the only option , as i fear its not going to go away this time as this is 3 times now since febuary.
I'm glad i found this forum ...its great to know there is many ppl suffering like me .
Peter4pm
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 01 Sep 2011, 12:28

Hi there Peter, and welcome!
Are you on stool softeners? Movicol is a good one to try. If you go on holiday, the change of diet and the heat may make you constipated, so make sure you have a good regime in place before you go. Holidays seem to mess with the insides for some reason!
The anoheal should help with the spasms, and should start to help before the 12th - it takes a while to work, so dont give it up thinking it's useless!
But, as I am sure you are aware, it does sound like the fissure is chronic and will need more than creams to heal it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Peter4pm » 01 Sep 2011, 12:33

Thanks Val ...i agree that surgery seems to be on the menu ...ive to go back to the hospital in october and the doc did say if it hadnt healed then surgery was on the cards.....can you get this movicol from the pharmacy ?
Peter4pm
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 01 Sep 2011, 12:42

yes, but ask for lemon and lime flavour - the original one is sickening!
It's about Ј10, but you can get it on prescription if thats cheaper. But best to get something asap! It should help, but will take a day or two to work properly. You can adjust the dose to suit you.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Peter4pm » 01 Sep 2011, 13:06

thanks ... i normaly use lactulose ..but will try the movicol stuff see if thats better
Peter4pm
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 01 Sep 2011, 13:11

Wish I had used Movicol 6 months ago! It has made such a huge difference to me! No more wailing in the bathroom and not as many spasms too! I found lactulose, slow to work and it gave me stomach cramps Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Peter4pm » 01 Sep 2011, 22:49

yea i find Lactulose gives you alot of wind ...not the best feeling inthe world , il deffo get this movicol today after work...thanks Andrea
Peter4pm
Fibre Addict