hey guys im new, but need help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hey guys im new, but need help

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2011, 08:04

JR,
I will private message you.
Since your fissure is 5 months, it's considered chronic by medical terms. They are usually impossible to heal without surgery when they become chronic. I didn't get diagnosed either until I had mine for 4 months. I tried the diltiazem ointment and went on to have surgery after 8 months. I could kick myself for not doing it sooner. It was suggested by the PA in my CRS's office that I could have it earlier, but I was an idiot and scared to death,Lol...
There are different types of fiber and they do work differently. I never had any problem with any of the food sources of fiber as long as I took a good stool softener ( Miralax). The problems I had with fiber was from the fiber supplements- like Metamucil. It made the bm's HUGE and well you know that's not something you want with a fissure.
What area are you from in Florida?

Re: hey guys im new, but need help

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2011, 08:10

PS... the main things you want to avoid with a fissure are any foods that can make bm's harder or foods that are sharp and don't digest well.
For me sharp foods were nuts, pop corn, taco shells, etc..
Most folks avoid all red meat...
Some avoid too much dairy...