Unsure what my problem is

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Unsure what my problem is

Postby TimBob » 14 Sep 2011, 07:57

Hi,
I am new to this board but have been looking over other peoples posts for months now.

I have been suffering with #2 problems since February this year. I have suffered on and off with hemorrhoids for years where they would come and go.

Well last February I had a hard BM that seemed to tear something and there was bleeding and I thought "not again" and figured it would go away in a couple of weeks. Well weeks turned into more weeks and it got to where I couldn't sit comfortably.
Well after a full month of suffering I saw a CRS. He did an inspection and said I had minor thrombosed internal hemorrhoids that should go away soon and sent me home. A couple of weeks later I had another hard BM and there was some bleeding again and a lot of discomfort when I would try to sit during the day. I got scared and saw my general doctor since I wasn't supposed to see the CRS again for a couple of weeks for a follow up. I begged the doctor for some way to keep my #2s soft, but she said I shouldn't do anything more than I was already doing which was basically eating a whole lot of fruits and veggies.
After a couple more weeks of on and off scratchy hard bms I researched my options online and decided to try Miralax. What a life saver!!! I have been taking it ever since May and it helps a lot. I also take Costco brand stool softeners with each meal.

So in April my CRS told me that my discomfort was coming from two internal hemorrhoids that would protrude during a BM and go back inside eventually. He recommended banding, and did 1, and then the other one 3 weeks later. What a life saver. The banding made it possible for me to sit comfortably again finally.

My problem now is that it seems that if my BMs become at all firm that it gets to feeling uncomfortable and feels like something is tearing. Also, after a BM I can feel two lumps which I believe to be the left-overs of the bandings the CRS did. If I stand up they go back inside.

I told my CRS about the discomfort with firm BMs and that I thought I might have a fissure and he looked and couldn't find anything. He also sounded surprised that I could feel the bumps because they were far inside.

So, I am wondering why it is I can feel the bumps. My CRS couldn't really offer an explanation. Is my anal canal protruding during a BM a bit? Has anybody else every experienced anything like this?

It seems I am going to be on Miralax and softeners the rest of my life and will worry every time I have to go #2. I am thankful for this message board though, it really helps!
Thanks for listening.
TimBob

Topics: 1

Re: Unsure what my problem is

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2011, 08:39

Hi Tim,
Welcome to the forum. :)
I have absolutely no idea or experience with hemorrhoids.
Hopefully some others can chime in soon!
Have you thought about maybe getting a second opinion? I can't stand when a doctor has no explanation of our symptoms...
Good that you found the Miralax. It has been a life saver for most of us here...