4 month update - still bleeding...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 month update - still bleeding...

Postby Jtb216 » 20 Sep 2011, 14:51

Hello everyone,
I had my surgery almost four months ago to the day. My surgery consisted of a fissurectomy, LIS, banding of four internal hems, and a skin tag removal. For those interested in more details from my initial recovery you can look here http://anal-fissure.org/t2964-recovering-from-fissurectomy-and-lis
While I have been pain free the entire time since my operation, I still notice blood on the toilet paper after going to the bathroom basically every morning. Not a lot, and I don't notice any in the toilet water, but I don't think I should be seeing a "dime" sized spot of red blood on the paper after 120 days (I also use soft paper, and usually only a single wipe and then into the shower to clean off). Anyone who has any ideas or went through the same thing I would appreciate a comment.
I have been using stool softeners + fiber (fiber more so recently, but stool softeners since my operation). I am unable to see my CRS because I am out of town for the next month+ and do not want to rush and make an appt somewhere around here if I don't need to. I have a refill left on my analpram and think I might get it filled and begin using that again.
It's beginning to give me anxiety because I don't know what is making it bleed, why it is still bleeding. I also notice some spotting after exercise (running/walking). Additionally, I quit smoking a month ago.
Thanks for your help ladies and gents.
JTB
Jtb216
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2