ahh! seriously, this sucks!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: ahh! seriously, this sucks!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 27 Sep 2011, 06:21

Hey newbaby and Pearlie...
My story is similar too. Got my fissure 5.5 years ago after I gave birth to my third daughter. I was 28 then. It came and went and didn't really bother me to the point of ruining my life until a couple of years ago. I suffered through a horrible year and then I finally had the surgery this March.
I definitely don't regret having the surgery, although at this point it seems like the results aren't all I had hoped for. I'm not saying this to scare you! Just to vent my frustration. There have been several people on this site that needed to do the surgery more than once and I guess I might end up being one of them. I feel for you guys; it's so awful. Last year was so hard for me trying to decide on the surgery and getting over my fear of doctor's offices in general ( I HATE going to the doctor). I'm sure my daughter's second grade teacher thought I was a total flake. I bet a lot of people did!
Well anyway, I think the surgery is a great move especially if you've been suffering for several years. Chances are it isn't going to magically go away, even with ointments it will probably rear it's ugly head once in awhile.
Best wishes girls.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17