8 months later and it is gone! Seriously!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

8 months later and it is gone! Seriously!

Postby Pipyeah777 » 18 Aug 2022, 17:21

After 8 long months, since early January, I have suffered with what I believe to be a fissure. Posterior. I’ve posted about healing before and every time it would open back up, and it was months if this game. But I want to tell you guys that it can go away. So many setbacks and never had an apt with anyone because it’s so many months out. I actually have a colorectal apt for Sept 14th but will prob cancel it. It’s taken so long to see anyone and I even had a colonoscopy and gastro was NO HELP! So I was hanging in for that apt which was three months out so it’s taken this long to see the right person and while doing my own research. And just dealing. It’s finally gone. So I just want you guys to know that it will get better. Unless you have some underlying problem, time and babying your ass. You will have set backs, but it just takes time. I have heard people say that but it’s true. I didn’t use any Rx creams either. Just otc wound care stuff……. And miralaxx! Eat clean. Water water. That’s all I did but 8 months. I think you just have to get ready to spend almost a year healing. Thra the past I didn’t know and I was so demoralized….. That’s really what it takes and it’ll take up a ton of real estate in your mind. It was hard and it’s sucked, but I’ll never go off miralaxx. Never. I have ibs-c and can’t eat gluten ever again, but it’s worth it to never go through this again. I can’t believe I wake up and don’t have to deal with that itch and pain……… and the whole process… sitz baths and just all that all day worrying and stress and wondering if it’ll go away or surgery……….. never again!
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: 8 months later and it is gone! Seriously!

Postby Rich44 » 19 Aug 2022, 09:22

That's great that it healed for you - but now you have to eat clean and take Miralax everyday. I suppose we all have to do something to make our problem go away. I ended up having the LIS and it's been almost 2 years with basically no issues. But I don't have to eat clean or take Miralax. In fact, my mild IBS-C pretty much gone too after I stopped taking probiotics. They were making things worse for me. I only drink water so that is something we agree on.
Congrats on your healing! :?:
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Re: 8 months later and it is gone! Seriously!

Postby Pipyeah777 » 19 Aug 2022, 10:11

Haha but you should eat clean anyway right? I mean, it’s good for overall health. Treat yourself but yeah, I think processed foods/gluten/white flour and sweets def make ibs-c worse. Also miralaxx is so easy to take and I know there is an Rx for ibs-c but you can take miralaxx for life with no issues. I opt for that. I might wean off of it in a year or so but def want to make sure I can use the toilet easily. I guess I just feel like spending these eight months dealing with this problem… Trying to even consider going back to my old ways is just insane to say the least. I think it’s changed me for life. It shows how fragile the body is and how it changes and how we can’t eat whatever we want as we get older, not that I am old, but I do have to consider the future and paying for anything health related. I’d rather just clean up my act and do preventive work. But everyone does what they want. I just can’t do this again. I’m glad that LIS worked for you. Prob a pretty penny for that. I was so scared it was going to come to that.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8