3 Days post LIS, my experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 Days post LIS, my experience

Postby Slocombep » 28 Sep 2011, 17:35

Also sorry, to answer your question i just had LIS, but after constipation have 2 large external hemroids.. ouch :(
Slocombep
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Taygre3d » 29 Sep 2011, 08:15

Hi slo,
I have had fissures & hemmies externally for 8 years, and tried everthing to heal and alleviate pain. I think what made it all happen to get worse was the pressure from all the internal pressure from fibroids. Which were eliminated with my partial hyst, 6 mo after it, they came with a vengeance. Hitting harder than ever !
Now back to current topic, I accurately had constipation with 2 major huge BM's, scared to death to pass, but I did with no pain. All
Taygre3d
Fibre Addict

Postby Taygre3d » 29 Sep 2011, 08:29

By the grace of God!! I'm eating a little more & my intestines sure do feel it, but I've also had tummy growls that say feed me ! I will take it easy though, praying you are feeling better. Thank for letting me know what you did for the bruising.
Taygre3d
Fibre Addict

Postby Slocombep » 29 Sep 2011, 09:59

Thanks Teresa,
Well day 6 has arrived and i am still feeling pretty sore. I still have a lot of swelling and bruising. I am trying to stay up beat and taking short walks around the block seems to help a lot, no BM yet this morning and not looking forward to the 1st :(, other than this and the pain from the surgery incision, i am starting to move more freely!
Slocombep
Fibre Addict

Postby Slocombep » 03 Oct 2011, 09:36

Hi all,
Havn't posted in here for a while so wanted to throw in an update. I am now on day 10 and would say i am slowly doing better. Still am very sore at incision site and have a lot of discharge. Keeping up with Sitz bath's, stool softeners, metamucil, and a high fiber diet.
I have a general stinging in the area, which i have seen is pretty normal from other posts and is probably due to the open wound at incision point and slight infection (maybe). I am a professional saxophone player and have to do 3 gigs this week, which i am really not looking forward to although i asked my surgeon and she said no problem :0
Anyway good luck all you fissure friends!!
Slocombep
Fibre Addict