Some very basic questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Some very basic questions

Postby Em » 28 Sep 2011, 16:05

I am confused about whether or not to use softeners. I usually have diarroah which I've had on and off for years - when I get stressed at work (teacher... and now co-ordinator in charge of 8 other teachers...). I managed it before quite well with psyllium husk and a very small amount of immodium.
Anyway, I was pleased when I was in the UK as my poop was formed and quite large (now I realise my mistake) as I rarely have that.
This was when I got a lot of fresh blood and it started again. I only had a vague idea what I had surgery for (it was in fact a fistula) until I came onto this site and everything was explained.
I can get citrucel smart fibre and miralax in Australia (online) but will be starting back to school in a weeks time and do not want to revert back to too loose stools.
Does miralax only work if you are constipated - which I never am or is it a good agent to make sure it still holds together but is consistently soft?
Also, I am liking using olive oil before a BM (I'm also going to try vaseline but need to buy it). I can gently get my little finger into my bottom about 1 cm and then I hit the spincter. Does this mean my bottom is tight?
Em
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion