Just past 2 months post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just past 2 months post LIS

Postby Jas » 28 Sep 2011, 21:43

I had surgery on July 20th. Since the surgery I have been doing pretty good. No more spasms or fissures. My CRS checked me last week and said all is good. My only question is has anyone had itching 2 months after surgery? For the last couple days after my BM's I have had mild itching on the outside of where I had the fissurectomy done. I know I still have a hemorrhoid in that area but the surgeon did not seem to concerned. If it is the hemorrhoid will it be difficult fix after LIS. I am afraid more surgery will have a negative affect on my fissurectomy and LIS surgery.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Just past 2 months post LIS

Postby dwarfs8 » 28 Sep 2011, 23:02

um.... i nv have surgery before, but i'll just advice u according to my experience...
After my fissure got better (self heal abt 95%), my internal piles (hemorrhoid, 2nd deg) suddenly prolapse! My guess is that i could have aggravated that 2 days while i was walking and standing for hours! So i know my piles are still not healed despite fissure did.
As usual, i did TONS of research, my mission is to self heal my piles (currently still is). So i came to know that 2 things are very important.
- taking vit c with bioflavonoids : bioflavonoids strengthen the blood vessels and improves circulation, while is exactly what the piles need for healing. Also vit c heals wounds too
- horse chestnut cream (i was so happy that the manufacturer told me they sell in singapore stores too!) : this improves the veins integrity. More reading from http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1532/
So applying these 2 treatments for a few days, my internal hemm feels better and hopefully, prayfully it will remain that way and be fully healed!
So... back to ur case, i have heard people having irritations after LIS, but do u have drainage of pus? If not, u may rule out abscess/fistula. If it's just some irritation or itch, u can apply aloe vera to sooth. If u have hemm, is it internal/external? Either way, u may try the horse chestnut cream as it's a sooth agent plus the toning properties for it.
My 2 cents worth.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: Just past 2 months post LIS

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Sep 2011, 08:13

Hey Jas - from what I've read, it's not at all uncommon to have some irritation and itching after an LIS and especially a fissurectomy for a few months. I had a bit, but not very much. Others had quite a bit of itching and irritation for quite a while, but it settled down after a few months. There have also been people here who have had hemmies banded after an LIS with no problems, but I think you'll want to make sure that you're healed up quite well before getting banding done. I don't think banding would necessarily cause a retear, so this advice actually just reflects what I would feel more comfortable with. Any procedure other than banding (like a hem-ectomy) I think merits a good long discussion with your doc.
I hope you're having a great day!
Deleted User 579