Help me Please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help me Please

Postby UltrabeaT » 29 Sep 2011, 13:08

Posted by : PatientZero
Post date: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:15 am
Post subject: Please help ME!!
Hi All
been looking on the internet as ive been coping with a fissure for a year now.
i got it around september last year, pretty sure it was due to a really meaty and oily meal.
it was painful but bareable. i had months were it was okay after i sought out help. first i was given a stool softener and some steriod cream and i had a pain free two weeks, but it obviously hadnt healed cause a few day later it was back with avengance....
i then tried a high fibre diet eating two apples and two bananas religiously everyday... but if i missed this due to running out it would hurt and almost reverse any healing progress..
so last week i went to the docs, he gave me some retrogesic, and fybogel and im taken lactualose on my on accord. i was getting killer headaches with no/little pain relief from the fissure.
i went back again and told him this so he had another look, it appears i have two fissures, and a skin tag. which is basically where the fissure has healed out of the anus. when i spoke to him i did say i never get anypain at the front just the back and it all seems to stem from this skin tag like thing, cause you can tell the difference between the internal soreness and the external..... but if i heal the fissures everything should be okay
so now im back on the first steroid cream i used, and sepocitries, which are bigger than bullets and not pleasant to put it and can fell abit sharp...
ive started doing as best i can and ive not got and spots of blood anymore.
does that mean its getting better even though it stil hurts to pass?
im using schroprioct or something
im only 19 and want a military career. surgery is really not an option. im not private so i cant afford it. also is botox on the NHS
Am i behond the point of return?
Thanks
P.S. i have been on the diet above for 2 days now and today i had two BM with blood twice for the first time in three days, the first one was okay but the second was painful. although im not that bad once its passed.
this is my current day to day what do i need to change.
Morning
Vit E Tablet
Zinc + Vit C tablet
LActulose 25ml
Fybogel
Flax Seed Oil
5 Prunes
Glass of Grape juice.
Weatabix
Lunch
2 Apple
2 Banana
2 Wholemeal bagels with chese and ham
Diner
Cous couse and veg
Before bed.
Flaxseed Oil
Fybogel
Lactulose
Bum Cream Image (and after a BM)
is this to much fibre my stools are large and twice aday is mad!!!
UltrabeaT
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Help me Please

Postby alpinestrawberry » 29 Sep 2011, 19:41

Yup, too much fiber, I would say. You don't want to be pooping out huge stools twice a day! So I'd back off the fiber a bit. Also if you think the lactulose works for you, great, but a lot of people on this board have had success with Miralax (might be called Movicol where you are).
I took it myself before my surgery and it stopped me from tearing by making the stools small enough and soft enough to pass without doing more damage.
What type of doc are you seeing? You want to find a CRS if you can. Steroid cream doesn't sound right to me, it definitely will not heal a fissure and it can thin out the skin. Suppositories, also not a good thing. If you can't tolerate the nitro ointment due to headaches, then there are other creams that work the same way but don't give headaches (like diltiazem, and I forget the other one right now).
I'll be honest with you though, those creams are likely going to be a temporary bandaid until you can get further intervention like botox or surgery. Because after a year your fissure is definitely considered chronic and not likely to heal even with ointments.
Good luck, it's a tough situation but you'll find everyone on here knows what you're going through. There's a lot of great threads to read and gather info.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby dwarfs8 » 29 Sep 2011, 23:37

hi ultrabeat, it's gd to see that u are taking vit c and vit e as these two helps in wound healing and that is what ur body needs. Rem to split the doses preferably once in the morning, once at night or even in the afternoon for better absorption (as at a time, our body can only absorb to a certain amt) depending on ur dosage and i recommend at least a 1000mg vit c to take daily. Better still if u could get one with bioflavonoids with the vit c, as it enhances the vit c.
Also, pls hold back on ur fiber intake. Fiber IMO, is just to keep things going and if not taken enough water to hydrate, ur fiber can become hard as well. Also LARGE stools are what we fissures sufferers never want. It's soft, well formed ones that u shld aim for. Also, i made the mistake of taking fybogel, they CERTAINLY give me LARGE STOOLS. SO once i removed that from my diet, i'm back to normal.
I personally can't take banana and papaya, as these 2 normally give me larger and sticker stools. This probably is also y when people have diarrhea, they are adviced to take BRAT diet, stands for banana, rice, apple and toast. (if i didn't remember wrongly!)
Drink prune juice instead of prunes, i personally find it more effective. And if u have a weak gastric like me, make sure u drink prune juice tog with ur meals. AND pls don't ever overdo it, else u will have diarrhea, rem to increase the prune juice gradually to achieve ur desired state of stools.
also, i see that u have flex seed oil, i read it shld help with constipation too, but i'm not sure if it softens stools. BUT magnesium does help in constipation and stools softening and many other gd benefits to ur body esp. relaxing of muscle spasms if u have (go research), so u may want to try that too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby UltrabeaT » 03 Oct 2011, 12:33

Thanks for the replies.
Im starting afresh from today, as all that fibre had bad consequences... 6 BM's in 2 days. very painful.
but over the weekend i thought seen as im gonna have to detox ill eat out and what i want. had couple of mcdonalds and weirdly my bms where not very painful at all!
i dont get how nutritian works at all i eat a really fatty fast food meal and its more comfortable than eating fibre and stuff.
anyway seen as im doing this properly im doing my softner may look into getting mirilax or whatever, and my bananas and apples cause they seem to help me...
but for my lunch would tune and cucumber sandwiches be okay.... i cant go without savoury foods... and for dinner would vegitable or chicken soups be okay until my pain subsides... then what can i replace it with. id really appreciate if someone could list a few meals im struggling to think of any, all i eat now is cous cous. is that okay?
UltrabeaT
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Oct 2011, 19:27

tuna is ok as they contain magnesium which attracts water. Chicken and fish are ur safe bets, but skip beef and pork at the moment. Soups are safe, avoid rice / pasta, unless they are brown rice/wholemeal pasta or if they are olive oil drenched. All sorts of veg esp spinach and broccolli, but as i said, some fruits doesn't work that well for me. Whole grains and legumes, beans are all gd fiber and nutritional.
Make sure u CHEW your food very well before swollowing, and drink lots of water half an hr after meals.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19