Anal fissures messing with my head!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissures messing with my head!

Postby Sarbam » 03 Oct 2011, 03:53

A year after being diagnosed with anal fissures, I'm now on a completely different diet, consisting of about 60% fruit/vegetables, 20% carbs and 20% protein (meat and fish), and weigh about 2 stones less.
I'm very active and personally I don't think this is the best diet for me - sometimes I feel very dazed and tired and I know that my body needs more carbs/protein (dream of things like pizza and red meat) but I can't let myself eat them because I'm literally terrified of going to the toilet.
Yesterday alongside my usual diet of salad etc, I had two small pieces of bread at lunch and some bread and a small amount of cheese at dinner. After having a relapse in the past week and consequently playing it very safe, I knew this was a mistake. I went to bed and had nightmares about blood coming out of my fingernails and peeing blood, and guess what? This morning I had a relapse and my fissure opened up again with lots of bleeding and pain.
I can't believe this is where I am at the moment - literally food is giving me nightmares?!
I'm seeing a doctor on friday, last time was several months ago - he gave me some ointment (kind of a muscle relaxant and to stimulate blood flow and healing) and said to use it for 2 weeks. I think it helps, but obviously not enough to heal me permanently.
Prior to this he had given me a stool softener drink (which didn't work) and some cream, which also didn't work. He said this ointment was the last stage and if it didn't work he'd have to send me to the surgeons... I'm really scared of surgery and don't think I want it!
Sarbam
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anal fissures messing with my head!

Postby TonyStone » 03 Oct 2011, 05:33

I was scared of surgery too. After my last reoccurrence of anal fissue hell. I decided to have the surgery last Friday. So far the pain after surgery has been nothing compared to pre surgery. Check under surgery thread for my experience. I see light at the end of the tunnel now. (I just wish that tunnel didn't have stitches)
Everyones experience is different, just look for the best CRS you can find.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14