I'm back but in pain again!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I'm back but in pain again!!!

Postby StevePain » 08 Oct 2011, 13:54

Hi all, I've been away from here for a long while and had about 4-5 months of good arse behaviour, but over the past few days I think I've had a re-tear and also have a hemmorhoid problem Image
Basically, for those that don't know my story, I had LIS and Fissurectomy on the 4th August 2010 after suffering with a fissure for over 2 years, I thought this would be the end of my arse problems but suffered relentlessly for the best part of a year post-op with hellish pain and bowel movements, it's only about 8 months after the LIS that things began to calm down and I felt like I was healed for the first time in years, alas, for the past few weeks I've been having mild constipation issues which I put down to IBS C, anyway I've had to push and strain a bit during BM which hurt a bit but soon stopped after, that was until a few days ago when I went to the loo and it hurt like buggery and has not really stopped, there's been no bleeding though just intense pain and throbbing, it seems to be coming from the place where my original fissure was, I'm just praying it isn't a re-tear and just hemmies because I've had plenty of trouble with them that stems back over a 10 year period, needless to say I'm back on a strict intake of food and am currently taking Movicol as I don't really want to strain anymore during a BM, I will keep you all posted on the situation once I've seen my DR again, boy is he gonna be sick of me, he thought my arse problems were over as did I...
Anyway, it's good to be back if only for the wrong reasons
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: I'm back but in pain again!!!

Postby jenny2 » 08 Oct 2011, 14:50

stevepain, sorry that you had to come back here again and may have another fissure.. i guess there is alot of new people here since you left but seems like some very nice people on here right now.. take it easy
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Rosa M » 08 Oct 2011, 15:56

Considering you had LIS I hope your new fissure will heal quickly. Sorry that you have to be back here in this manner.
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Idol79 » 08 Oct 2011, 16:42

Damn steve that sux!
Idol79
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Oct 2011, 21:52

Did u ask ur CRS y is it still so intense after LIS? Did u self diagnose to hav ibs or colonscopy? What r ur symptoms? I read ibs treatment mainly r stress management n diet
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Em » 09 Oct 2011, 00:15

That's a bugger Steve. I hope you heal quicker after having the LIS.
Em
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby val » 09 Oct 2011, 13:35

Aww, sorry to hear that Steve.
Sadly, it does seem to rear it's ugly head again - I'm not sure if that area ever gets totally back to normal. But you should heal quicker any time you do get a retear now you've had the LIS.
Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 09 Oct 2011, 14:22

Thanks everyone for the replies...
@ dwarfs8, I saw my CRS about 3 months ago and he basically told me that for some people the damage done to the sphincter during LIS can have long lasting effects and the muscle will never be the same again... makes sense to me because that's how I feel, my arse hasn't been right since LIS, give or take a few months of bliss.
Val... I believe you're having more issues yourself, I'm very sorry to hear Image
You're right about fissures rearing their ugly heads again, in all honesty I just know things will never ever be 100% I guess I'm one of the unfortunate ones that LIS has made my arse super sensitive, I know this because I seem to able to sense the tiniest piece of fecal matter in my rectum and it irritates me like crazy so I end up manually removing it to relieve the discomfort, sounds crazy I know but it's what I have to do, thank God for Petroleum Jelly..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 09 Oct 2011, 17:24

Steve,
I hope your butt feels better SOON!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby alpinestrawberry » 11 Oct 2011, 07:03

Hey Steve sounds like we're in the same boat. It's been 6, almost 7 months now since my LIS and things aren't perfect and continue to flare up from time to time.
Keep in mind what Val said...it tends to rear its ugly head for sure! I'm taking a quarter teaspoon of Miralax every day again. I know that sounds like a ridiculously low amount, but I am super-sensitive to that stuff and it works for me. It seems to be preventing more retears, along with a fiber supplement.
I remember reading in another thread (by Jas) that his surgeon told him he didn't need to see him every time he retore--that things should heal up pretty fast on their own now since he'd had the LIS. Maybe faster healing and less flareups are the best some of us can hope for, unless we're willing to take on another surgery.
I agree that it doesn't seem possible to get back to where you were before the fissure ever happened. Or maybe it just takes years...sphincters do get looser with age, right?
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17